• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunrevir

• Fuzzbient

• jpaulson

• hunter322

Went out for 3 hours with my 3 year old daughter on Green Lake on Saturday afternoon. Got a few bites, but no results.

Went back out at about 9:30 pm until a little after 1 am. Got two 7" crappies, one 10.5" crappie and one 13" walleye. Probably missed about 3 times as many fish as I got in. Had to jig to get them to bite and they would only bite on one type of glowing jig that is a peached colored oblong ceramic type material one the straight shaft of the hook and glows bright red (after charging under a light). I was using a combo of crappie minnow with green, fake wax worm. They also seem to like to bite my green sinkers. smile

Good luck.

David

You would have thought so. I did have the fake, green wax worms on with the minnows. But I tried various green things on the other line with no luck.

David

Imo white/white jig n plastics are good on flake for crappies... Can't overlook the red combo either.. Caught my "plastics" pb 15" crappies on flake 2 winter ago.

Got any pictures of the jigs? smile

Are the plastics of the type with twisted tails?

I admit, I didn't try white yet.

David

I wld take picture of plastics but I nver knew how to post pic in here.. The plastics n jighead I use is from little atom.. Its perfect jighead I ever had used.. Its stay in hortizonal and have a good hookset..plastics are little too soft but its give out good action in tail section.

Any of you guys know what time that pike contest starts this Saturday on 3rd lake?

I've heard noon, and also heard 8am.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey everyone! new to the forum and somewhat new to the forest lake area. my wife and i bought a house on the north side of the lake 2 years ago. ive fished the lake a couple of times without much success. only got a couple of small perch and small crapies. jsut wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on where to find the walleyes or crapies. thanks.

clint

Does anyone have a source on the internet that lists all these contests?

For the one this weekend, does anyone have any details other than the start time?

Thanks,

David

$10 a person for two lines. You can fish any place on lake 3 and you can use a shack. It pays out 3 places. I guess last year they had 140 people and paid out $750 for first place.

Last year if I remember correctly it was 8-12. A couple guys were organizing it and had a few flags flying to find them. It was not too far out on 3 from the willow point access. Keep in mind that this was last year though. Throw a tip up out and run a line in the shack and enjoy a good screwdriver or bloody, meet some new people, and maybe win some cash. It was a good time.

8-3

Just find the crowd around a shack and that is where check-in is. Left out of Willow Point access on 3rd lake

Prizes are for biggest pike

Can someone point me to some areas to try for morning pannies and perch on lake 1. I've caught all the 6" crappies I could handle on lake 2 and want to stay away from the pike tourney on lake 3. Thanks for the help!

where on lake 2 were ya catchin the crappies? what were ya usin? where were ya? i need help!!!

find a stacks of shacks on lake 2 located on deep hole, drill a hole or 2, u ll catch plenty of 6" crappies..

This is my first year fishing FL, so I just went where the people were. Coming out off of Willow Point and head right. There is a group of houses on the right and then further out there is another big group of houses. I just set up in the middle of the further out group and from 3-7PM caught about 30 or so crappies all less than 7". Fun for awhile, but I want to bring home supper for once! I was in about 28 FOW and they are suspended off the bottom. Only caught a few on a minnow dead stick, otherwise I threw all my plastics at them.

Now I would like to find some sunnies and perch, so any help would be great. Hard to explore alot with just my hand auger!

If you are looking for perch head to lake 3 and set up around 15 feet with some structure near by. If you are sick of small crappies the perch will make you even more sick. I had my shack on 3rd on what I thought would be good walleye structure and the amount of 4-5 inch perch during the day was crazy. I couldn't handle it and had to move out. Sunfish were around for me in the channel off willow point but again those are smaller as well.

ole matty, ive tried the edge of that deep hole your talkin bout. it was about 5 or so when we got out there and sat there till bout 7:30. i was in about 27' of water. i tried a crappie minow on a jig, i tried jigin with a waxie, i tried jigin with a spoon, and still nothing. you say plastics? what kind?

Hunter, I like a pink and white genz bug tipped with a glow colored plastic, noodles wacky rigged, paddle tails, nuggies can all work but have good luck this year on a glow micro split tailed minnow threaded on with the tail curled upwards. Outfished the minnow and glow jig 10:1 the other night when I was out. For some better quality crappies, poke around in the weeds and don't be afraid to go shallow. The crappies tend to show up right around dark and bite well till about 6 and then it is a wait between bites if you stay stationary. Sunfish will inhabit the same areas and will bite with the perch in the daylight hours. The bay on third over by Timms, the narrows between the lakes, the weeds just out from the cattails to the east of willow, west shoreline of second just to name a few. Try the depths from 6-7' all the way out to 15'. I also like to work a smaller jigging spoon like a forage minnow or frostee spoon tipped with a minnow head or a few waxies in 1/16th-1/8th oz and at times will upsize to a rattling spoon with the same presentations to pick off more aggressive fish. Hope this helps, good luck out there.

Tunrevir~

No scent, the little atom plastics have scent on them already. I don't think the lindy plastics do. Can't really post walleye hotspots on the forum as they would get hammered. Look back a couple pages to the old Flake thread and there is some good info in there that might help steer you into the right direction.

Tunrevir~

where on lake 2 were ya catchin the crappies? what were ya usin? where were ya? i need help!!!

you forgot to ask about the gps coords and the walk by my side fishing lesson.