• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've been in 30' by willow point and all i've caught and seen on cam are 6-7" crappies, anyone heard of anything bigger there lately? seen a few shacks break'n away from the crowd, i'm thinking about moving but im catching small fish, and small fish are better than no fish! thanks and good luck!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunrevir

• Fuzzbient

• jpaulson

• hunter322

I think 7+ pounds won the pike tourney, 2nd and 3rd were in the 6 range. Were biting early, from 8-10, then slowed. 4lbs was the biggest I caught. Fun time.

tunrevir

What is your email?

I have a quick question for you on a spot I found on Forest Lake.

Wondering if you have tried it, but don't want to give it away to everyone...

I'll be out tonight, tomorrow night, hopefully Friday night and both nights this weekend giving it a go. Not much for expectations the next two days but hope things turn on for the weekend!

Tunrevir~

tunrevir,

You mentioned earlier that you use a glow micro split tailed minnow. Is this made by Berkley? I was in Gander Mountain in Forest Lake tonight and I couldn't find it.

I found some Little Atom Nuggies and some Little Atom Wedgees. The glow versions look white, but glow blue for each of these.

Any particular tricks for using these that you'd like to share? smile

David

Looks like the weather should be warming just in time for the long weekend. I bet we'll see a few fish with that trend. I'll be out there all weekend as well. Fishin', can't beat it, bite or no bite.

Those splittail plastics I found at a local baitshop last year but have not seen any this year. I think they were made by Lindy but not 100% sure.

Tunrevir~

I'll be out tomarrow all day and night. I got nothing better to do.

If anyone sees my 4 wheeler in my icon swing in and say hi.

Will have my black lab with me.

Going to be chasing some of the walleyes and crappies of Forest Lake WOOOO HOOOO!

I am going to try to get out tonight but have to get the honey do list done before the weekend. I will be out tomorrow night and Sunday night for sure!

Tunrevir~

After this week of cold weather, I'm wondering if I'm going to need an oil rig to get to liquid water. How much ice is out there now, 5 feet?

What a beautiful day. We set up across a weedy flat in 9 fow and put down tip-ups with shiners. The big pike were hungry and kept us running for flags all day long. What a blast!

anything else? crappies, perch, walleye, sunnies? my father in law and i are goin out tomorow around 11 probably out around willow point. if ya are out well probably be in a white ford with a blue and gray 2 man fish trap.

I was out on first all by my lonesome in my area.

Dang slime rockets were out gobbling up anything this morning!

I just about lost my rod twice in 10 minutes.

Trying to get my dog situated and then hear my rod sliding across the shack floor! HOLD ON POOCH!

had a decent walleye come off on the way up the hole, and a few slime rockets as well. No crappies though.

I think my dad wants to go fishing tomorrow, and I don't even know the last time he has been fishing so it should be fun. I will probably bring him out on third to a spot of mine, for some walleyes and crappies, or more or less whatever will bite.

BTW people PICK UP YOUR FLIPPIN TRASH! I seen more garbage out on first then I have ever seen before. I picked up what I could. But COME ON! Everything you come out with should be coming off the lake with YOU!

If anyone is ever in need of a motel room i can get ya a deal at the forest lake motel, especially if you share good fishing info!!! it's about a 1/4 mile north of 1st lake access on hwy 61 on the right before hwy 8.

well just got back. was out from around 11:30 to about 6:00. caught a whole bunch of little sunnies and little crappies. a couple of small perch in there as well.

What's the status of the crappie hole on Two? Is the pressure having a negative effect on the quality of fish? I've seen a ton of shacks out there this year, just wondering how it's holding up.

if your talkin of one of the deep crappie holes i was out there once and only caught 2 small crappies on the one nearist willow point. others say they have been slayin em there.

I have my shack in the other hole on 2 and so far the biggest caught is a hair over 10. Talking to some of the neighbors some bigger ones have been caught but few and far between. The noise and pressure is making it hard to have a good night out there.