• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

the area we were at yeasterday evening there was 10 inches and there was a truck and a couple cars driving around!!....I would NOT be driving a truck or even a car out there especially when it sounds like the ice depth varies.......

we had a slow 2 hours as between 3 of us landed 10 crappies missed a few and had alot of followers on the vexilar....the biggest measuring 11.5 which was released!! Good Luck

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ozzie

• rob d

• alumacraft_guy

• hanronson

Anyone know how thick the ice is now? Wondering if any full size trucks out there? Anyone catching any fish? Maybe going to try out there saturday in deeper water this time.

thanks

rob...I was out there last night. 10.5" ice. Did OK on Crappies. There were a couple small vehicles and one full size pick-up that stayed close to shore. I would not take a big truck out there untill the ice was at least 12".

Anyone witness trucks going out to the middle. Okay...the humps? Not like that area is a secret or anything lol. Just wondering. I just fish 80yds (about) from the city that forms around there, and just light them up, but never "in" the crowd. Great walley along that South shore too.

Just don't want to be the first to drive a truck out there, so I am just wondering what the ice is like out there in the middle. Thanks.

I was out on the hump yesterday afternoon/evening ,didnt see any trucks out there when I was there. I had 7 - maayybeee 8" ( rough measure using my scoop handle) where I was sitting. Didn't move around much so it may be better on the other side of the hump grin. Not a chance I'd be out there with my full size truck quite yet.

I'll be out there this Friday afternoon sometime, stop by and say hi any FMers. I will have the red Honda and Clam Jr.

What are the slot sizes if there are any on crappies and walleyes for Green? Has the fishing been decent out here lately? Thinking of heading out this afternoon so wondering what to expect. I think I have a good idea of where to set up but is there any specific lures to give a try? Is it still 4 wheeler traffic or are there full size trucks out yet? Thanks

Does anyone have any info for me before I head out? I'm specifically looking for info on whether or not I need to load up the 4 wheeler. Other info would be great also.....

I would say bring the wheeler. I have not been around green yet during ice time, so I am not much help for ya.

I would just read back in this thread and there is some good info.

Good luck and have a good time smile

I was hoping someone could give me some help on ice

Does anyone know if there is 12 Inches of Ice out in 25ft of water off the point on green? If not where are we at on ice at this point?

I measured 11" Friday when I was out there. I was in 25fow around the point a little. I stayed well away from the zoo on the point, there must have been 20 trucks within a 200' circle. The ice has already bowed from the weight of that rain we had earlier. When I drilled my holes, about an inch of water gushed on the ice. (I guess I should not have shoveled off the snow)

Thanks Hanronson

Wow I was wondering about if there was 12 inchesof ice,because I don't drive on ice tell it's atleast 12 inches.It still seems each year you hear more and more of these daring stories of what dumb risks people are taking on the ice. It never ceases to amaze me what people do with there vehicles on ice that last few years.

drove out both friday and saturday in full size trucks.....measured 13" 25 fow......fishing was good friday and horrible saturday.........won't go back on a weekend afternoon!!!

I was wondering if there is still a plowed road out to the point area since the last snow of 6-7 inches? I'm hoping to go out today can anyone help on this one?

Thanks LindyRigger,

I was wondering cause the truck I'll be driving has unreliable 4x4 may or may not work so a plowed or easily drivable is important at this time.

I was out Friday on Green found some crappies they were biting fairly well caught about 9 or 10 and all were between 9 and 10.5 inches. Wow is there alot of houses out on the lake. There wasn't too many on other places on the lake mainly just the point area where there had to have been more than 100 houses (permanents+portables). Now thats some pressure on a 800 acre lake. So I only keep a few fish 5 or 6 is good enough for me.

Ps. Is anyone catching any 5-7 inch crappies? I haven't caught any in like 2 years. I'm a little concerned about the future of green lake's crappies if 80% of the fish are 9-11 inches we would be in trouble in a few years?

this summer I probably caught or saw around 6-800 crappies and there were not many under 7 inches.....most of the crappies seem to run from 9.5-11

I was wondering if anyone has been tipup fishing for northerns and if anyones been having any luck? I might try it this weekend with the kids because they like tipup fishing for northern. Plus are the crappies biting would like to try that after northen fishing? Thanks

I am replying to ice and fishing report

First I was out last Friday and found about 17 inches of ice just caught one crappie that night it was slow,but a nice fish. The fish are nice if you can get a day there on. It's been an up and down bite for crappies each day is a new day is the way I see it. Try and get away from the large groups of houses near the big east point and find 25 or 26fow. If you can get some separation from other houses you tend to do a little better.The noise is a killer on the bite especially those dang generators that run nonstop.

Alumacraft is right...get away from the crowds. Have had tipup's up during mid-day...hit or miss action. When the sun hits the trees put a shiner on a tipup for the eyes...then focus on the crappies. One night a limit...next night one or two.

I have found that the suspended crappies are the aggressive ones...so raise that bait when needed.

Good luck!