• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

7th Annual Burntside Bash w/map

Frank,

It would be good If you guys can drill a few test holes and check out the ice for the loop. smile

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Great Outdoors

• ripstick

• fishgutz77

We will have a grill with us everyday with utensils and condiments so if you would like to take a break and grill up your lunch just give a shout on channel 7 and I will give out our location. We will be up early on Friday and fish through Sunday.

Quote:
Will try to be there before 7 am, earlier if the weather is warm. If it looks good, could be before 6-6:30 am.

GO I don't know about the others but 7 works for me. Thanks for the offer to plow. I will be close to the landing all day Friday. With a suitcase for an ice shack and no sled I'm thinking I won't be venturing out very far.

Quote:
Northlander, don't forget the pen and paper, I'm taking you to school.

When you take him to school, will you be riding in the short bus? grin

We'll be in Duluth on Thursday night so we can meet up with you guys early Friday morning. From what I hear, Porter and Marc have been practicing knee-slides and I've got a can of shoe spray all ready to go for Quickstrike grin

Cheffrey is the early favorite going off at 2 to 1, but the old school money with the heavy hitters from Hermantown hasn't been bet yet and they’re the ones that usually back the Northlander.

Right now I'm thinking of putting my money on the big guy but I'm waiting for an update on his bowels which can greatly affect the outcome so to speak. shocked

6am at Fishermans Corner Nate Dog. I need to remember my Mn. Trail Sticker. Cheffrey did ya get one yet?

Shiner, if the short bus means riding on my train out to the hot spot? Then yes!

Chaff, go with your heart, not Steve's stomach!

Good call on the sticker Steve, I'll gift you 2 ounces for that!

Chaff I caught my 1st Burntside laker while sitting on a bag and bucket. crazy

I have since iced 2 more that way. Heck maybe Ill take my seat out of my Otter and just sit on a bucket the whole time. wink

I just got my Sportsmans Caddy all rigged up for the Bash. Tomorrow its getting the rods and reels set. Wich ones to bring. Hmmmm. TB's, JM's, GM's, MWRR's or just go light with the Scotties. Decisions decisions. grin

Im getting pumped guys!!!

Oh hey Cheffrey. No live bait by the way. cool

Oh I also will have some Marcum Mag shields for those who dont have them yet. Must have for Marcum owners.

What kinda bait? I will be there sometime early Friday am and might need a couple of hands to set up the tent. Will also bring some trash bags, and my walkie talkies. Will have to take the tent down overnight and set up again on Sat, but it doesn't take long. Let me know if there is anything else I need to know.

Steve, so your saying if I catch a smelt, then put it on a tip up. Bet's off, or is it illegal?

Hold onto one of those shields for me BTW.

Steve, I knew I could count on you.

Change of plans for us we are coming up friday night.

and will be fishing Sunday as well.

See ya.

if I catch a smelt, then put it on a tip up . . . is it illegal?

Tom, I've checked with the DNR, and it's legal to catch a smelt on Bside and use it alive or dead on Bside.

A live smelt on a tip-up is my most successful live bait for Bside lakers, hands down. First thing I do when I catch a smelt is run over and replace the dead cisco/smelt on the tip-up with a live one. Live golden shiners and rainbows work, too. I used live golden shiners before I found out how good smelt were. If you prefer dead baits, smelt are the first choice for me, with dead cisco second. Smelt are the primary forage for Bside lakers, with cisco either completely gone from the lake or only represented by large individuals for several years.

Vermilion Fuel and Food in Tower had 50 dozen frozen smelt in late last week, so you might stop there on the way. No one else in the area has smelt for sale that I know of. If you want to make sure he's got some for you on your way through Tower, call (218) 753-2181 to reserve some.

Is there is going to be an official sign in Saturday on the lake. Or is everybody just going to start fishing whenever/wherever they want?

We will all meet at Van Vac about 7am I would think. Then we will see who wants to go where. I will have my cela nd 2 ways along.

Barb, if someone is staying out at HQ overnight in a permanent shelter, likely you could leave up the tent overnight.

I will be staying, but I am sure I will be running in for a bit. I will leave the lights on just like Motel 8 though. Shouldn't be an issue, but it's up to you Barb. "Call me crazy or at the Crazy"

I still don't know when we are coming in for sure. Thursday night at about 8 or Friday am about 7.

I knew that didn't look right. Thanks for that clarification Steve.

Mostly packed up. Just put all the stuff in for Texas Hold em. Don't have any idea how to play. About time to learn.

OK, I Bite, What is a Marcum Mag Shield??

It's a shield that slips over the cone on the unit and both keeps gunk from getting down into the cone and magnifies the signal like a magnifying glass magnifies newsprint. I don't care about the magnification as much as I like the idea of protecting the display cone from water/gunk.

AHH!!!

Thanks!!

I hope he has a good supply I would like one also then...

No bash for me this year. Still hoping to make it up there some time in February or March. We'll see.

I hope everybody else has a great time though.

I plan to get my laker fix before the season is said and done. There will be an arrowhead visit or two before the hard water season is done.

Scott, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if you plan on heading up. Good things could come of it. smilesmile

I dont know for sure, but I think that picture of HQ still has cheffery thinking about a loomis rod . Will he ever make up his mind. You snooze you loose.

Gary,I heard you where stuck in the slush on Inland lake. Well I can see you are back safe and sound. Well have a great week and I hope you can find a fish this year well keep at it. Keep the boy's in line and have fun..