• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

7th Annual Burntside Bash w/map

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Great Outdoors

• ripstick

• Northlander

John has his fishing house off the Van Vac landing.

3 inches of ice as of 3:30 Saturday afternoon.

So,

I'm reading the posts, looking forward to fishing Lakers on Burntside for the 3rd straight year, haven't necessarily been there/gone there for the 'Bash' (although the this yr and last yr the weekend my dad and I picked just happened to fall that weekend), but nonetheless, I am posting this so you we are looking forward to a great time.

I have the opportunity this year to bring a 4-wheeler (last yr we drove out in a mid-size truck, yr before we walked out close to listening pt), possibly 2 wheelers, my question is will a 4-wheeler get me to where I want to go?

My dad and I have scouted the lake in the summer for structure, found some spots we think might produce, but I am wondering if a 4-wheeler is going to cut it? Neither of us own 'full-size' vehicles, which seems to be the choice if traveling on good ice, but my roommate has 2 polaris sportsman collecting dust in the garage (a 500 and a 700)...

Either way, we are going, just looking for heads up and I will keep my eyes peeled.

In the meantime, we're looking forward to another great trip, even if we have to huff it onto the ice from good ole' listening point.

Andrew

With another foot of snow falling today/tonight, it could make ATV travel difficult if not impossible. The snow is only going to add more weight/insulation ontop of ice that was slow to form to begin with.

4 Wheelers = a BIG FAT NO this winter!

I watched the baddest of wheelers get buried this week up there! It's sleds or foot travel this year!

From the looks of many Area Lakes I'm going to take this thread where it belongs...

Has anyone stopped in to let staff at the Cwazy Wabbit know they need a extra bartender on Friday night? Xplorer did great last year leaping over the bar to lend a helping hand, but she ( bartender ) was clearly overwhelmed leading to some thirsty FMers. Also I understand the bowling ally is open, at least last weekend, will it stay??

Slushiee anyone?

-CLoma

From the looks of many Area Lakes I'm going to take this thread where it belongs...

Has anyone stopped in to let staff at the Cwazy Wabbit know they need a extra bartender on Friday night? Xplorer did great last year leaping over the bar to lend a helping hand, but she ( bartender ) was clearly overwhelmed leading to some thirsty FMers. Also I understand the bowling ally is open, at least last weekend, will it stay??

Slushiee anyone?

-CLoma You dond no nuthin bout minin no taganite!!!! Argggghhh. bwahahahaha!! I'll never forget that bar. I still have a fridge magnet from there. I remember you tellin me "let's make a quick stop here for a dose of local culture... there should be some colorful characters in here" ha! you nailed it. a virtual palate of hues. ah, I gotta get back there... oops, sorry bout the threadjack.

Capt Dave, thanks for the reply. I tried to call you today. KT is flying out to see youz guyz on 1/23.

As you can see the Ice Fishing still sucks in HI. Better luck next time.. -G

Some Serious Slush, my brother,

Ainokea, take it easy & look for a bonefish or 2 for me!

Folks in charge,

will you need help getting things set up for the bash?

i will be free both the day before and the day after.

mike

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks for the offer Mike and yes we can use help.

I'll just throw a few things out we could use help with or items we need.

First and foremost we need all of you to come on out and join us.

The Bash is an open invite to all of you!

Grills, we need a couple grills and the bigger the better.

Of coarse we need members to and be Grill Maters.

This is bring your own favorite something to grill, so everyone bring the brats, hamburgers or what ever and maybe some extra to share.

Side fixin's like beans, chips, and so on.

A couple, three, four folding tables would be nice.

Paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils.

Maybe one of the locals can bring a garbage can, I'll supply the bags.

Just think of the Bash as a neighborhood picnic, bring what you think we could use.

As folks volunteer to bring items I'll keep a list so we get everything covered.

Thanks!

I can see it now, the rabbit lives. I think that cheffrey is really bringing a 8' bed. Good to see your alive.

I would not miss out on this one. But I have not booked a room yet if some one has room let me know I will be driving up on Friday as well and would like to see every one again. Thanks for any help.

Northlander consider me in, Ripstick I got your message. I'm just starting to recover from the Grand Opening month up in Lutsen but should be in prime form come Bside.

Well cheffrey if nothing else you will be in prime form. you get the middle that weekend.

I stopped by Van Vac yesterday and there was an ATV just out from the access with a Clam shelter. Looked to be a lot of snow for an ATV.

I didn't check the ice conditions, but it did appear there had been other ATVs out there. Travel definitely had to be tough with the amount of snow.

If the wind doesn't take care of more snow, I'll leave my wheeler home for the Bash.

Don't forget the Angel Eyes! My first laker came off of a glo Angel. A short time later, the second came in on a Slender Spoon. Both tipped with a chunk of seasoned Smelt.

I will bring some paper plates and plastic forks. Also 1 small grill, ketchup, mustard. Nice to have some up there to take care of the trash.

only 2 weeks to go, I plan on getting up there on friday and fishing mid morning, is anyone else gonna go up early to do some prefishing? Hanson are you gonna be up early this year?

If the wife can get that Friday off, we will be up there early Friday morning. Otherwise it will be Friday evening around 6 or so that we get there. Im looking forward to meeting everyone and having some fun and hopefully a laker or two.

hey mowing, if you leave in the am what time r u leaving? I have to wait for my brother in law to drop his kid off around 630 or so. We are staying at the paddle inn, we have the sleds ready and we are pumped.

There will be a group going up fri am from duluth. Who are also at the paddle. People will be arriving most of the day. Some of us wont be until eve. Then the rabbit for what they call entertainment. Make sure you bring every thing. Short anything the great outdoors is open early sat am.