• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

That is awesome fish guy's. I had the chance to spear once and it was a blast.

Sniffer

Why did they take off a picture that shows a fish and spear, but the fish is not on a spear?

38 in. 13.34 lbs. speared on Jan. 4, 2011 at 1 PM

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I love to see a site where there are actually spear fishermen on it. I would send some picks but they all dont qualify for the site. Spear still in em. I've been spearing near DL, ND and doing well. quite a few fish 30"to37" limit 5 and the game and fish dept. wants us to take as many pike out of the fishery as we legally can. You guys ever spear ND?

I love to see a site where there are actually spear fishermen on it. I would send some picks but they all dont qualify for the site. Spear still in em. I've been spearing near DL, ND and doing well. quite a few fish 30"to37" limit 5 and the game and fish dept. wants us to take as many pike out of the fishery as we legally can. You guys ever spear ND?

I have not, but I was thinking about planning a late season trip up there since their season is longer. How is the spearin over there?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

i'm getting hungry for a nice big chunk of northern looking at this threa!

alot of my usual haunts this year are too murky to spear but i did find a new spot this year. can see the bottom clear as a bell in 20'. it hasnt been fast and furious but the fish are big and i havnt been skunked yet.If you come let me know and i'll help you out.

alot of my usual haunts this year are too murky to spear but i did find a new spot this year. can see the bottom clear as a bell in 20'. it hasnt been fast and furious but the fish are big and i havnt been skunked yet.If you come let me know and i'll help you out.

Will do, I was thinking of hitting Devils lake, are you in that area?

Had one visitor today.

5331883186_279e9b7a17_z.jpg

Sorry that pic is a little blury.

I wouldn't be throwin at that one unless I seen it in person.

Spots or Stripes on that one?

Nice Pic all the same.

Thanks for posting.

-Merk

I am intersted in making the trip.

-Merk

I would love to make the trip to Nodak spearing but the duck hunting trips out there seem to have an effect on my trips to spear out that way Oh well maybe some day smile

Why did they take off a picture that shows a fish and spear, but the fish is not on a spear?

Pictures of fish need to be in a natural setting like on the lake in front of your spear shack

yep. accually been on stump lake this year. closer to MN. Merc and elwood welcome too. Elwood it aint that far to go. Just 50mi. west of MN Border.

NDPikePoker. I was wondering about the water clarity on Devils. Last year we made a trip out for tip-up fishing and did pretty well, but the water clarity was really milky. Strange colored water.

There are tons of big pike in there. I bet spearing would be awesome!

No, it's a very blurry pic! grin

I'm sure you wouldn't be throwin at that one even if you did see it in person. It is indeed a 'ski.

I usually do spear DL but it is murky bad this year. but stump is really good in the spot i'm at. In years past I've been able to see 20' on DL where now you cant see 2' Last year was the same

Only fish I speared (30") up at the third river flowage this past weekend saw 4 but werent in the hole far enough. Came home with 30 sunfish, 50 jumbo perch,1 rockbass between heidi,my gpa and myself.

2011-01-07162946-1.jpg

This fish came in 10min before spearing ended for the day, and we were in the middle of packing up!

as you can tell in the backround their was a mini city of darkhouses out there, doesnt give ya a whole lot of chances to see pike... but we managed!

seen vehicles in the pic. how was the ice, snow and slush conditions? good thing ya went this weekend next weekend ya would get a bit chilly i am afraid!

it was in the negatives when we were their so whats chilly to you? smile ice blocks we pulled out were 14" solid clear ice then around 4" of crapola. Trucks were out and the ice never even made a sound... snow wasnt to bad depended on where you were drifting was around but for the most part it was good.