• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

Central Bassman

Tca12, That doesn't look like a pike to me, its to brown or light in color, Muskie??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• bassNspear

• merkman

• MJ1657

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of pike that showed up for a photo op this morning. 

Here is a pike I got on Saturday the 20th. 39" 18.4 lbs. She tasted great out of the smoker!

Thanks. The skinny pike is my very first dark house pike. This is kind of my son's gig. He was interested so I helped him get into it. Today I got a turn with the spear I made for him a couple years a

Posted Images

shamalex72

This was yesterday, there are two down there. Went out today again, pretty slow. Did see a nice one, I'm guessing about 34-35". He tried eating a little pike decoy, about six inches long. After realizing it wasn't food, he just stared at it for a while then swam away. Didn't bring the camera today, would have made a cool picture.

P1030821.jpg

Central Bassman

Cass Lake 2008 Pictures aren't the best, fish where moving in and out to fast, but here you go!!!

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0044_2.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

BehindtheHead

i stuck this one january 2 2009 on a southren minnesota lake, belive it or not. seems like a good way to start the new year. 23 pounds 43 inches 21.5 inch girth. came into a big red and white decoy and a live sucker.

You guys are correct, our Christmas visitor was a muskie, the other four feet are under the ice. We were so close to getting a great photo! Maybe next time...

great photos central bassman looks like a lot of fun was had.

behindthehead hope to see a pic soon sounds like a monster

Dude, you should think of coming up next year if you can get aways!

I dont think that you would have to twist my arm too much

nice pike browninggold

I got a 29 1/2 incher this morning. moved the shack and cut the hole and was spearing by 8:30 and at 8:40 got it then realized no camera so ran home and grabbed it and wanted to get a pic of one in the water and didnt see another one but did get a pic of pannies coming up to the decoy

well I cant get the pics to transfer from photobucket so I will try again tomarrow.

cant transfer pics from photobucket anyone havin this problem

I was having the problem of loading them up, but i think it was becuase the internet was so horrible where i was trying to get onto it.

The view didn't change all day.

The perch weren't even biting!!

We kept bonking them on the head with small jigheads and wax worms but they weren't having any of it.

3186308489_5bb954954a_b.jpg

It is pretty dirty but I am spearing deep.

It is very boring between fish but I am seeing larger fish when they do come in.

It is pretty dirty but I am spearing deep.

It is very boring between fish but I am seeing larger fish when they do come in.

How deep of water were you in?

I am on a drop off that drops from about 6' to about 25' over about 100' I am right at the 12' to 14' mark. Right where the weeds stop.

I will be moving next weekend.

It is getting too busy around me.

I came out of the house on saturday and there was a small city around me. That has happened from time to time so no big deal. Then today it started all over again.

It is alright because I already have 3 other spots on that lake that I want to try out. The best thing is there is no one around those spots.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• StateofHockey
      Things got so tough for me on Frazier bay Sunday I resorted to dragging the anchor which hooked into an old bike in 28 fow. Just as I was landing the bike it fell apart so all I got was the front tire. It's still out there swimming for some lucky angler
    • Kettle
      I'll be darn, I guess a blind squirrel does find a nut on occasion 😉
    • smurfy
      Itasca county sunfish for supper.
    • Wanderer
      It’s a pretty good bass. 👍
    • Kettle
      Welcome Neiljack!
    • Neiljack
      I think 3500 lbs is too much.  Trailer your boat and head to a large open parking lot to practice accelerating, coming to a complete stop, making turns, and backing up. So if you are perfect in it then you should trailer it yourself otherwise there are some hauling company for boat. The more you practice handling your vehicle with your boat in tow, the more comfortable you will feel on the open road.
    • Neiljack
      Hello guys, sorry if i place my intro at wrong place because navigation was tough for me.
    • EyeWannabee
      Short arms make em look like 4# instead of 2 and 3# 😂
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some good walleye fishing this week.  As many summer weeks, it was helpful to be versatile.  On the big lake, sometimes you have to play the wind, meaning, you have to be flexible where you fish.   The fish were there and some great catches this week.  Most fishing in 25-33 feet.  Some are still jigging.  Frozen shiners and leeches were both good this week.  With water temps in the mid to upper 60's, leeches and crawlers will heat up.   Spinners (otherwise called harnesses) with minnows, leeches or crawlers were all effective this week.  It is good to mix up colors and bait until you find the right mix.  Gold, glow, pink, orange, chartreuse or a combo of them are good colors in stained water.  More and more anglers trolling crankbaits with success.  Some have been trolling cranks since the opener but it seems most anglers wait till the water warms.  A great method to cover water and find cooperative fish.   On the Rainy River...   Some good summer fishing reports from the river.  Walleyes being caught jigging, pulling spinners and trolling crankbaits.  Current breaks and holes holding most fish.   Smallmouth bass in rocky areas, current breaks, bridge embankments and weed edges.  Lots of bass in the river.  Crankbaits, spinnerbaits and tube jigs are good lures to start with.   Pike are adjacent to weedlines, in slack water areas and in bays.  Working shorelines whether trolling or casting will normally produce nice fish. Sturgeon anglers, mark your calendars, sturgeon season opens again July 1st.   Up at the NW Angle...  Walleye fishing continues to be strong up at the Angle.  Fish coming from literally 5-33' of water.  Not every walleye is keying on the same food sources.  With structure, rocks, and mud, lots of variety at the Angle.  Jigging, spinners and cranks all producing.  Muskie season opens Saturday, June 19th.  Lots of nice fish already caught unintentionally as these predators like to eat.  Muskie anglers were forced to fish MN waters last year with the border closure were happily surprised with the size and quantity of fish on the MN side.  This year should be good. Pike hanging out in weedy bays.  Smallmouth relating to rocky points and reefs. With the Canada border still closed, there are many ways to get up to the Angle.   1.  The LOW Passenger Service, charter boat shuttle service from the south end, is open and running.  2.  If you have the right boat and expertise, boating across is an option.  3.  And finally, Lake Country Air flying service, a float plane service out of Baudette and other locations.      
    • PSU
      Does anyone have someone to recommend for mowing paths/lawn on an island (Frazer\Smarts Bay)?   I only have a DR Brush Mower system I am using right now (been through 2 old hand me down mowers (I'd love to get rid off, one is a John Deere).   Thanks for any insight   Andy 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.