• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

cograts on the PB and its a dandy at that and spearing machine is right real nice shot.. got any details you'd like to share?

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I set up right on the very edge of a weed line. I had my live decoy down about 3 feet below the ice and my red and white Bear Creek about 4 feet. It came in less then a foot under the ice from underneath me.

Wish I could post a picture of the beauty I got on Feb 9th but Didn't have anyone to take pictures til I got home I'll have to post her when I get her back from the taxadermist this summer. Here's the story, worked all morning loading cattle did chores early and decided to try fishing til dark local lake I've fished all my life about five miles from the farm went out to the lake and no one had been out since it snowed the past weekend so I put the hammer down and baja it out to the fish house my foot never came off the gas so I would'nt get stuck got out to the house and clean out the hole checked my chub pail and they all looked dead but when I threw them on the ice on fliped it's tail so on the harness he went, sat down in my house had my two dogs with the house was poping from the heat building (my house is a 4x6 aluminum frame so when it heats up it makes some noise) but it must of not made a differance, looked at the time 3:00 pm sat down saw a couple little crappies skirt the hole which don't happen much in this lake, and 15 min later my beast came in after my half dead chub all I could say was HOLY ---- and grabed the spear and let it go let her get some life out of her before I even thought of pulling her up (did that once before) spear went still and I grabed the rope and started to pull her up and slid her on the floor and the wooping started no one else was on the lake so I got a measurment on her 43inches my scale broke when I tryed to weigh her so I loaded up to go find a scale and the only one I could find was at the locla locker, put her on it 22.2 lbs 21inch girth the fish I have been looking for the last 28 years of spearing. So I had to take it up to show the man who taught me this wonderful sport my 94 yr young grandpa he spearedall his life and never saw a fish like this so it made his day to say the least. What more can i say but what a fish, hope to post some pics when I get her back

Great story and that is a really nice fish and I've seen a couple pics of it. That Hogg will make a great mount. cant wait to see those pics when its done

Hello,

I am new to this Forum. I am posting a few pics of my Northerns this year!. (30, 32, & 35) I had a decent year! 14 total for the year. I started spearing at the end of last year. I have pickled, smoked, grilled & fried my Northerns. I love this sport!

I will be buying a new spear next year. I am looking at a Michael Fabec spear. My laser cut spear tends to plane out horizontally at certain angles and depths.

Brian ><>

spearing_Feb_2010_002.JPG

That is a serious spear!

I didn't get any pictures of the biggest fish I speared, twin fat 32"ers on the same spot on consecutive days, my PB on a spear. Had some very good luck by tip-up and rod, posted those photos over on the Pike board.

careful of the regs thedeadsea. Only one 30"+ per day, and no party spearing.

Its not per day it is one 30+ in possession whether in your freezer or at the taxidermy shop. But nice fish all I am sure you are all well with in your possession limitsa

My bad typing. Got them on the same spot on consecutive days. Was thinking about the 39.5" and 36.5" that I got on tip ups (both CPR'd) on the same day (a different day) 20 minutes apart. Thinking one thing and typing another.

Its not per day it is one 30+ in possession...

Yes it is. We can not spear a 30"er in the morning, gift it to someone, and then spear another 30"er in the afternoon.

Yes, only one 30"er in possession.

Thanks for clearing things up thedeadsea.

If a fish is at the taxidermist, I would consider that out of ones posession...

Well then my taxidermist better hurry up with my 44.5". smile Although not like I keep big pike very often, only kept 4 over 30" in the past 5 years.

• 3 months later...

I have been using my phone for the internet and haven't been by a computer or here on FM in a long time so figured I would throw a few pictures up from this last spearing season which was also my first season, can't wait for this upcoming season. Didnt spear many but I am hooked or should I say speared wink

15641511.png

18161130123364750511303.jpg

16" decoy sucker

18161130127148845111303.jpg

0113001218.jpg

Speared this bullhead in 14' of water right on the bottom, pure luck if you ask me.

18161130576340074611303.jpg

First pike of the year 24"er

18161131006738834311303.jpg

Nice 29" fish

19761131527403850611303.jpg

A buddies nice 36" 11 3/4 lb fish

18161131012582980411303.jpg

19761131896745083911303.jpg

Last fish of the year 29 3/4" learned on this one how a spear can sail if its not thrown correctly, notice how I hit it right in front of the tail.

19761132040828685911303.jpg