• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2009 Ice Report

Pleasant Lake, Annandale Warning.

Just got word someone fell through on Pleasant, today 12/3/08. South Side by the Public Landing. Don't know much more, but the Authorities did respond. Will update if I here anything more.

I fish this lake alot and once it freezes over it takes awhile to get some depth to the ice.

I would stay off Pleasant for atleast another week.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• noodlerod

• jigginjim

• walleyeking19

Just talked to a source of mine.

Person went through out from the North Access. Person is all right, Fire Department did have go out and get Him.

there was a hole about 150' straight out from the south access but that was from a FD training excersize on sunday or monday , you saying someone got nosie and went to check it out and fell threw ? did ya get out tonight robbo ? how did ya do ?

Nope-- Fire Department did training on the Southside, Monday night.

Today at 12:30 someone was out fishing from the North Access. When they were walking in from fishing fell threw about 100 yds off of shore.

Yes I made it out- Very Slow- did get one.

I seen the big heave out a 100 yards yesterday and told my dad I bet someone goes threw there , I'll be damned !

noodlerod, this is a little off topic but I just have to throw this out. When people are out fishing it is the law to stay 10ft away from someones house but is it right to drill holes inside there tip-up spread and around there house just want your opinion.My couisn had a problem with this last night. When he said something to the person they said go back in your house im 10ft away. What would other people do in this situation?

madpaper mouth , you know me and you know exactly what i would have done . It's unethical and wrong and the *$#@ would have hit the fan , nuff said

i would take my auger out and drill about 50 holes all around make as much noise as possible then walk to a different spot and give him a gesture

Papermouth,

Hey that was me. I have to apologize to you, your cousin and his friends. Been having a few bad days at work, but that is no excuse. Guess I kind-of-took it out on a stranger. Let him know next time I'm out there and their there, I will personally apologize. Again sorry to all.

Bad day or not... I doubt any apologies can fix their nice quiet evening on the early ice that they could not enjoy.

Its unethical and unsportsman like. When someone is set up on a spot, it's their spot! If you have fished the spot before, then all you would have to do is explain to them you have fished there before and I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if you set up next to them. The law should change from 10' to 100', because some people just don't understand. Not saying we don't all have bad days but it's no reason to act sour towards someone who is just trying to relax.

things happen him admiting it and saying sorry makes him a pretty good guy if you askme. Everyone has a bad day.

robbo thanks for the apology and thanks for going out there tonight. Things like this just bug me because i would never do it to any one else with that said good luck the rest of the fishing season.

No Problem- I made a mistake and had to own up to it. Hopefully, I'll be bringing my house out there in the near future and you guys are welcome to come over anytime.

grinBRAVO , good job robbo !!!!!thats one of the biggest parts of being a man is fessing up to yer mistakes ! if it would have been me in the fish house things probally would have turned ugly , and thats my mistake , being short fused. and it's happened more than once and a guy does feel kinda dumb after it happens . unless the guy has it coming ! LOL !

There is no 8" on Pelican! Someone will hear this and fall through. My dad was out there wednesday night and he told me there was 5, maybe 6 is most places he checked. This was on the north side. I don't think we made 3 inches in a day and a half.

I went on Pelican on the North end off of 37. Walked a mile to the larger body.Did not go out to the middle. Ice was solid 7 inches every hole, I measured with my tape. One thing I did note was a flock of Geese on the ice about 300 yds from me. Usually that means it was the last place to freeze and could be a thin spot. I would not four wheel yet from the 117 lot due to ice variability.

just got back from buffalo and there 7 inches in fornt of the courthouse and some idiot with a wheeler going out quite aways.

pulaski is frozen over except for the little open spot in the middle. its got to be pretty thick because its holding the snow still

Anyone have any info on Clearwater ice conditions? I can tell you Frances has 6-8 inches but Granite just down the road was still open last thursday night.French Lake is frozen over and I did see one portable quite a distance out from the south landing.

Solid 6" on Mitchell yesterday. Did not check Big Lake side. Took my boy out for an hour but not much action. Still better than watching the Vikes game thou.

I drove to the landing on Pulaski on Sat am and the whole lake was open. If there was ice yesterday it could not be that thick. Does anyone know when pulaski normally ices over and why is it taking so long?

I agree 7 inches is enough for a wheeler, however, read the Pelican string and you will see a wheeler went through on the channel from the 117 landing. The problem is ice consistency.