• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2009 Ice Report

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• noodlerod

• jigginjim

• walleyeking19

thats what the site is for. fishing reports. and when somebody says hotbite, whats that mean, nothing!! hot somebody could be two walleyes or 200... im just saying is that theres a reason why the lakes are called public lakes

and i dont think you need to get bent about what "KC" said... he's just trying to help. theres always other spots on the lake to fish and find.

I wouldn't say he got bent about what KC said. He is just trying to prevent everyone and thier mom from going to one place. Thats the way lakes get fished out. I would say you were the one that got "bent" about it. Its your job at the bait shop to tell people what lake to go on if you are telling everyone to go to a certain spot you will be adding to the problem. Pelican lake is a great example of this. Don't get me wrong I share info. when the fish are biting but I don't advertise specifics. It is better just to state depth, presentation, and species then let the people fish for them.

I wouldn't say he got bent about what KC said. He is just trying to prevent everyone and thier mom from going to one place. Thats the way lakes get fished out. I would say you were the one that got "bent" about it. Its your job at the bait shop to tell people what lake to go on if you are telling everyone to go to a certain spot you will be adding to the problem. Pelican lake is a great example of this. Don't get me wrong I share info. when the fish are biting but I don't advertise specifics. It is better just to state depth, presentation, and species then let the people fish for them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've seen great little fising lakes get fished out because people said too much. It's better to just give them tips and let them use the info on lakes they are familiar with.

For the record, I didn't get "bent" out of shape what KC wrote.

I just said it last year, and I'm saying it again. Saying a hotbite on any forum site is/can potentially load a lake with alot of fisherpeople. Which could easily fishout a lake, depending on the lake.

Like Hartner said- Pelican is a perfect example- Once it got on the FishingForumMegapalooza people were showing up there by the hundreds.

What Lake will be next? Could be a lake any of us enjoy.

thats what the site is for. fishing reports. and when somebody says hotbite, whats that mean, nothing!! hot somebody could be two walleyes or 200... im just saying is that theres a reason why the lakes are called public lakes

apparently you haven't experienced an FM "spoiled" hot bite yet then... you don't realize how many people actually view the reports on this site.

i do agree it ha ruined lakes like Pelican, and the realbad part is for 1 guys who is trying to be nice and give out general info on a spot, there is probally 25 guys who will just read the post and show up fishing with there buddies, and dont have the decentsey to give a report back as to what they found, You should not need to give gps cords. but like depth and bait and let everyone figure out the rest Thanks for lisenting lets not bark at eachother and just try to use this forum to make all of our fishing trips better.

P.S. going to check the lakes with the spud bar before I put on like 20 lbs of turkey weight will let you know whats going on with the ice later on.

lets get back to the ice reports here and get back on track with the topic of ice thickness!
Yep, Well 6 inches on Diamond lake near rogers.

4" of good ice on Little Waverly but Waverly is still ice free as of Thanksgiving, had tips up out but no bites and one hit on the jig on Little Waverly.

Okay hear is what I got for ya'll. Eagle Lake near Maple Lake, didn't even get of the truck, Maple Still open, Rock 3-5 inches but got scared at the river 100ft out whole lake is iced over, Buff. walked out at the south accsess went out couple hundred yards found 4 inches good ice all the way and stoped Hand got cold sticking it in the lake, Schmidt looks froze from both 35 and 34, Pelican looks good but to long of a walk for a 100 6 inch crappie to get a good one so hope this helps.

Let us knowwhat happens we actually talked about that when we stoped at the access there, nice eyes to be had out there.

Just was out by Buffalo there was one gut out by the couthouse were the big group of houses sets up. Went past Pelican and there were 10-12 people out there a couple of them had portables set out. Is there anything in Pelican anymore except little baby crappies!!!

just had a guy come into work today and said he slayed the crappies, sunfish, and caught a 18lb northern and also a walleye. i think he smoked too much crack out in the fish house cause he also said he was fishing in 38 ft of water out on pelican.

other than that all i have heard was little baby crappies and sunfish.

He must have been talking about the Pelican by Brainerd. It doesn't get over 15 ft in the Pelican around here and he must not know his fish because there aren't any walleye either.

no i asked him if it was the pelican up by brainerd. he said it was the one just outside of monti, buffalo and st. michael. i just laught at him and side ok.

just had a guy come into work today and said he slayed the crappies, sunfish, and caught a 18lb northern and also a walleye. i think he smoked too much crack out in the fish house cause he also said he was fishing in 38 ft of water out on pelican.

other than that all i have heard was little baby crappies and sunfish.

I told him not to talk about the secret walleye holding, 38 ft whole in Pelican on the Internet. wink haha

LOL Thats Great! grin 38ft of water LOL oh ya walleye too!! HAHAHA Cracks me up every time I look at the post!!

Is anyone going out on constance yet? i have a friend who lives on the lake but he doesn't fish it so he isn't a real help.

I skated across all of eagle lake in Big Lake and there was about 5 inches all the way across besides where the stream flows in.

Ice, Shmice says the 2 guys I saw on the river in a LoPro, dressed to the nines in what I think was Artic Armor... laugh

that looked like fun if you ask me!

walleye king i also live on constance, there was open water in a few spots the other day, i saw someone drill some holes right at the access and it doesnt look like there is more then 3-4 inches, im hoping to toss my spearhouse out there next week if im lucky

just moved there this year its right by my place so i thought i would toss it out there, some nice weed line and its shallow but i dont know about the pike population out there, guess i will find out