• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tracker x-2

Any Northern Ducks?

luckycrank

I seen some large flocks of mallards in the center of a a local lake today (not typical for local birds to hang there)I will keep checking

last year the last weekend of the season they came to the same area by the last day there was well over a thousand ducks at this same location mostly Goldies and other divers but alot of mallards as well I wqs on the water the last day in the evening and it was a sight to see !

Jordyn Kaufer

ok thanks guys..

we are also going to grouse hunt too..

so if we dont get much duckin we'll try for some grousin

trailratedtj

lots of migrators coming through this morning west of the cities. Big flocks of Swans and huge flocks of ducks. Bluebills galore today, definately Northern Birds. It was nice shooting uneducated ducks.

luckycrank

BY THE TIME THEY GOT TO ME THEY WHERE EDGEMECATED! cry

chub

The fat lady is warming up. Been nothing but non-stop birds moving overhead for the last two days.

VERY few are stopping.

winniewalleye777

How many sloughs and ponds in the state froze up while we all wore blaze orange? thinkin about getting out tuesday and wednesday to chase some mallards. Will they still be coming through?

Scott Stein

not many froze up if they did just skim ice over the top. its supposed be warmin up this wk mid 40's so most likely some will stick around idk how much migration will happen dont know which way wind will be outta

dan z

this is dan bro i hunted southwestern mn and saw alot ducks and geese.

i drove by tilcot and alot of birds there too.

123fish

Saturday was a big moving day across southwest Mn. Like chub said we didn't have many come down though. We hunted the Badger Lakes area in the afternoon and didn't have any real action. We left there around 1:30 and saw ducks, geese, eagles, tundra swans all heading south. Saw virtually nothing moving Sunday where we were at. Big northwest winds coming Friday and Saturday again. Smaller sloughs are pretty much froze this morning. Need some thawing and clear skies with that northwest wind Saturday. Keep the reports coming.

Cheetah

I was out both Saturday and Sunday mornings on a lake SE of Hugo. Most of the local birds are gone now, but there are still a lot of wood ducks, which in the past never really stayed around as long as they have this year. A fair number of mallards were flying around, but nothing special. Fewer geese than a couple weeks ago as well. I took 4 mallards for the weekend, was slow for me because the wind wasn't cooperating with the spot I hunt. frown

icecold

I was deer hunting along minnesota river this past weekend saw a few mallards and wooducks not as many as I thought I was going to see, will be out next week after this 9 day deer season ends in southern minnesota,kind of wrecks a lot of duck hunting days for me, as people hunt deer where I duck hunt, oh well it givesme a couple extra days to deer hunt, Duck hunting is my first passion and deer number 2 grin

BoxMN

I was in WC MN and we had the best hunt of the season. Sat we shot limits of ringbill and bluebill by 8:30. That is the first for us in a few years that it was soo good. The lake was loaded! Decoyed perfectly! Had to watch for cans, as plenty of them landed in our decoys as well.

Lots of geese in the air, and lots of swans. Sunday we didn't do as well, but still shot plenty of ringbill and a few bluebill, and even took a few hoodies - I didn't shoot mine though smile We got a few bufflehead as well.

My brother hunted metro here and he shot his bluebill, and had cans come in to him as well. I did not see the real big high flocks of mallards, or at least not lots of them yet.

I think I am down with ducks until after turkey day, go after deer next weekend.

magnum mike

Big Winnie, Bowstring and surrounding lakes are almost completely devoid of ducks. We thought the weather this weekend would at least nudge some border ducks our way but this never happened. We had our eyes to the sky all weekend and did not see any migration movement.

brdhunter

Seems like the migration is happening later and later every year! Wood ducks still in MN, in the middle of Nov? Its crazy. At this pace, the mallards won't be here till after Turkey Day! Starting to see more mallards in the St. Cloud area. But nothing special yet.

Roosterslayer05

I hunted sw MN friday through sunday. Friday we got 11 ducks between 3 hunters. Mostly GWT with a mallard, and a couple widgion. Saturday shot 8 ducks and a goose, again mostly GWT. Sunday we field hunted and got 2 geese. There wasent a massive duck migration that I expected. A pile of geese moved in but no ducks, saw very few mallards. Had ok hunting for ducks but we basicly decoyed allot of the birds we saw, and we hit the birds we shot at. Saw some migrating mallards but they just kept on flying by, saw the most mallards on sunday, decent size migrating flocks. Still, no buildup of ducks to speak of, youd think hunting during a weather system like that would equate to fantastic duck hunting but the birds just dident show up, or they dident stop anyhow.

chub

At this pace, the mallards won't be here till after Turkey Day!

You hold your breath and wait for that....LOL

fishgutz77

big numbers of mallards and divers and geese showed up in monti this sunday and monday after they came down on the big wind.

I hunted a small lake just off the Whitefish chain and was really dissapointed. We saw some movement on sunday but friday and saturday were slow. All the birds just went to the big lake on the west end.

This weekend in monti on the river should be great with the number of new birds in the thousands.

The good news is these birds should be around for awhile depending on hunting presure and snow.

Maybe I'll have some pix to show next week.

ZEEK1223

What part of the river do you hunt? I hunt the area quite a bit, and will agree I had lots of divers coming in on sunday.....no mallards though

slabchaser

sounds like its on. i cant wait to get out!

Jordyn Kaufer

hopefully there Are still some birds around for the weekend!!!

If we get some I'll post pics!!

PierBridge

We are starting to see a few more Birds here of late.

Had a good morning Field Hunt in the South Metro with Geese and some Mallards mixed in.

We forgot our Snow Covers and white sheets this morning so our blinds really stuck-out and flared a bunch of birds. I would think this snow will melt but more is supposed come Friday so be prepared in the Field.

Camera phone shot of the foggy, lite-wind and snowy conditions.

testne3.jpg