• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

camp ripley

icefishing21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishinmajishin

• RogersMN

• Striker

• dustin85

that is rediculous for an 8 pointer. I have yet to kill a buck even close to that, but I do alot of homework on scoring and different rack sizes, and that is just outstanding!

This is my first buck of any size, at first gave a guess on score around 140 just because it takes alot of horn on an 8 to hit 150. Dont know much about scoring but can usually get fairly close on a guess. Last year I shot an 8 up there too but wasnt even close. Lost trail and didnt find the buck until the afternoon of the last day. Needless to say the deer was eaten from the front shoulder to the a$$. The year before that my brother got a 10 up there, maybe a 100 inch.

My grandpa worked at ripley for 37 years. My Step-father works there now and has for 22 years, and my cousing drives tanks there. They have all conlcuded that there are bucks living in there that would make the magazines whiz their pants. Absolute northern monarchs....The size deer that nobody shoots.

Ya me and my buddies think there are deer up there that have never seen a human. Guessing there are record bucks in there.

Not a question...for sure! My cousin said that when they are in the tanks at night, they will see a monster with night vision. he said he has seen bucks that would trump anything in any magazine or video today. World record deer in there, just no way to get them.

Not to mention that those big deer are probably so far back that even if you did get a shot at one and knocked one doen.....you'd need one of those tanks to get him out!!! WOW mind blowing and also you would have to hunt him in the morning just so you can get him out in time to be out of the park.