• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting----Dec 20th (updated 11/20)

bassNspear

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• glenn57

• Gordie

• merkman

my bro-in-law lives in maple lake, i am going to call him tonite after work to see what he can tell me the conditions on maple. doesnt sound like it will be real warm but should be ok. i will post what he tells me tonite or first thing tues.

ya that would be awesome. I just have not had the time to get up there.

Anyone going to bring wheelers, becuase im sure we cant get out wiht trucks yet!

i am bringing mine. use snowmobile trialer to hual things on the lake also. atv equipped with chains so i can hual my monster nord back to shore. smirklaughwhistle

ya, bring whatever you would like. Merkman is incharge of food for this everyyear. I have to much other stuff to worry about.

Ok, I meant like something in bulk, you know like 20 pounds of lutefisk or something for everyone to share

Yummy grin Yummy lutefisk. Now I really wish I could make it. If you brought it nobody would be fishing being they would be at the food table. smirk

I can bring drink if its needed when there is a better idea of how many people are going i can plan to pick something up Mountain Dew? if peopel dont like i will pick up two kinds.

totally kidding on the lutefisk part, just offering to bring something, brats or whatever

Brats sound good.

I am leaving the fish fryer at home this year.

I am going to have the grill all stoked up about 11AM.

I will have some steaks and venison brats cooking on the grill.

I am also going to bring some brat buns to throw them on. If you want to throw some thing else on the grill it will be open to anyone or just give it to me and I will cook it up.

I am going to break into my mom's famous beet pickles and bring a small jar (I rarely share large jars of those) out there too.

Last year people brought chips, deserts, smoked fish, pickled fish, jerky, venison etc (I think there was elk or moose too).

I think ole' pike magnet is going to bring some venison for the grill.

I was hoping to get a couple eaters last weekend and make some sandwich spread but I had no luck last weekend.

fishtoys, got to use that icesaw for the first time this last weekend, finally. NICE! worked great. smile now if it could only clear up the water abit. crazygrinwhistle

merkman, you have to let me know what you want me to bring!

Patties, brats, anything, just let me know!

I knew you were kidding crazy about the flavorful lutefisk. I don’t touch it let less eat it.

Thanks Glenn and I’m glad you like smile it! I wonder if the murky water would come from the lakes turning over so late with the temps we had and the cold weather coming quick. All the wind might not have helped either. Have you tried any smaller protected lakes from the wind?

as far as murky water, i think alot of it has to do with how the weather is once the ice is starting to form. If its a windy day, the lake is going to be alot more murky becuase of the wind messing it all up. But is the lake is always dirty, then the wind has nothing to do with it.

I was on a sandy lake in 8 FOW and 9 inches of ice last weekend and when the wheelers went by with thier wheel houses the bottom got all kicked up with sand. After about 30 min it would clear up..... then another wheeler would drive by. lol

merkman, you have to let me know what you want me to bring!

Patties, brats, anything, just let me know!

Bring whatcha got.

Beans, donuts, cookies, tater salad, coleslaw, Chips, surprise us.

Has anyone checked the clarity? It's not always gin clear out there and some of the area lakes have been really cloudy early this year.

maple lake is clear on the hwy 55 side of lake. my bro-in-law was out there this past weekend.

OK GENTLEMEN! heres what he told me. as i previously posted the water was clear in 8 ft of water. there was 6-8 of ice right off the acess and he seen a decent amount of fish. FISHTOYS; the day prior we were on a lake very smilar to ours and was clear. its really odd, i fih, spear these lakes a fiar amount and one year one is clear the next its the other way around. also seen it do that in the same season.

thanks for the report. Im hope that the weather will get a bit warmer, but we will still have a good time!

I heard there may be a stormmoving in for sat. nite. That may get the fish moving for your event

i will be there also, unless this nasty cold i got drops me for the count. my wife said she isnt going to make it. has to get ready for santy claus. cause ive been a really good boy this year.

glenn a shot of nyquill and a cup of hot tea with brandy at bed time and you'll be fixed up in no time grin

hope you feel better