• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting----Dec 20th (updated 11/20)

bassNspear

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• glenn57

• Gordie

• merkman

hey everybody dont tell bns that its suppose to snow up north, we will have a very distirbed individual on our hands. grinsmilewink

i cant wait for the snow to start flying. that means that the spearing season is right around the corner.

BUCKLE UP BOYS.............ITS PARTY TIME

dude, im taking a lay off here in the next week. So i cant wait for the ice to come adn get out spearing every saturday and sunday.

i hope your layoff is temparary one? oh-oh fish best look out now. i am starting to get a wee bit giddy amout testing out that new ice saw. crazysmile

IF there was ice on a lake there was enough SNOW here to bank the house. laugh

This is what im talking about. Were getting closer and closer

was out duck hunting last week and there was Ice on the pond and all I could think of was were am I going to put my spear shack at.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys found out my wife isnt working this day, ya all dont mind if she comes along and shows ya how well i taught her to spear do you? we will probably sit with me for the day.

hey guys found out my wife isnt working this day, ya all dont mind if she comes along and shows ya how well i taught her to spear do you? we will probably sit with me for the day.

As long as she promises not to show me up!! grin

I have some new hardware this year to get the Get to Gator Webcam going.

I am pretty sure the camera will be fully functional this year.

it better be. Last year you said that it was going to be up and running, and someone forgot it! smile

hey big shooter it is on my calender the only thing that would prevent me from showing up at this time is that my wifes dad is not doing so good. he seems to be getting worse by the week.

hes got small cell cancer all over. he is in maple lake so my wife might go visit that day for a while.

I've never speared on Maple Lake have driven by many a times and checked it out though, Do most of you spear on the south or north end? And is there any dangerous spots on the lake that are there every year

Thats awesome Big Roy. Excited to see you are going to make it.

Capt, i have never speared it myself, so i am not sure on the lake at all.

I hope that everyone is getting excited about the big event that we have coming up soon here. As we all know, we are going to be heading to Maple Lake. For those of you that dont know, the way that we come up with the lakes, is that we just throw them out there, and i put them all in a hat, and pick two of them out. We try and do one in Dec, and then again in Feb. The goal is to always try and go to different lakes so people from different areas can see new lakes, and/or get to the outting!

For those of you that dont know where Maple Lake is, its right off of HWY 55.

Here is a link that you can go to that I Google Mapped it

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Maple+Lake+MN&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.724817,78.75&ie=UTF8&ll=45.232531,-94.001856&spn=0.482588,1.230469&z=10

(you will have to copy and paste that link into a new browsor)

I believe that Merkman is going to be bringing his cooker again this year, but I might be wrong on that? If you would like to bring stuff along that would be great. Most people just eat by themselves, but we do get together around 12 by American Flag to see how fishing has been going!

It would be nice if you can take the time to post here and let us know if you are going to be coming to the event or not! Its always nice to know if you can make it there, and that way we as a group will know what to expect at the outting.

If anyone has any questions, please post here, or shoot me a email.

Cya all soon!

I will be there under the American Flag.

I won't be offended if anyone else brings a cooker too.

The more the merrier.

I will be BBQ’ing venison brats and steaks.

Everyone is welcome to bring some food to share also.

I promise to have the GET-TO-GATOR CAM up and running this year too (for anyone who can't make it) I should have it going at least 1 weekend before the Get-To-Gator.

If anyone wants to take a shot at spearing.

I will have

A 8’X8’ double spear house.

A 4’X6’ spear house

An extra spear or two and some extra decoys

You will have to be legal to spear, have a valid spearing license, hold me harmless in the event of an accident, and agree not perform any illegal activities with my stuff of course. (Since I don’t want all my spearing gear donated to the MN DNR) but other than that it is a great way to see if you would like to spear without going out and purchasing a ton of equipment.