• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008-2009 Gophers

hamrej23

I thought I heard them say on 830 this am that pre-game is 10:30 and tip off at 11 on the radio.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• Dotch

• Cooter

• hamrej23

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge there won't be a MN radio broadcast, you might check out a MSU broadcast. Like you said, ESPN is doing the TV coverage.

Since when has CCO not covered a gopher game? Especially post season basketball. It is on CCO, I'll be listening screamin at the radio here at work. I'm hoping for an upset. Mich St. is not THAT good, but they SHOULD beat us by 7-10 points. I'm hoping for a close one and I'll take my chances in a close one, Westbrook will win it for us if it is a 2 point game with less than a minute to go.

Westbrook was a disapointment today... he played too reckless and couldnt hit jumpshots. He needs to settle down a bit. Hopefully we get in. Sunday we will know.

When you shoot 13-27 from the line it does not help one bit, or 35 percent for the game, or 18 percent from the three point line.

WOW.. thats ugly

Agreed Donk. He is either on or off and when he is off, he still forces shots.

8 point loss not too bad though. I'll say 9-10-11 seed depending on how the rest of the conf. tourneys go. We will be in.

After hearing the game I would have to agree Mich. St. really isn't that good. If we had shot 6 for 16 on 3's we would have won the game even shooting 48pct. free throws. I can see them being upset early.

Heres my prediction, tomorrow the Gophs will be dancing in as an #11 seed in the west with thier game vs #6 Tennessee

Lunardi has them playing LSU in his bracketology FWIW. Lots of BB to be played in the next couple of days though. Who knows, maybe if these underdogs without a spot on the bracket keep winning their conference tourneys Minnesota won't be dancing at all. Obviously Lunardi isn't the one who ultimately seeds the teams, but he now says that Maryland has played itself into a spot it previously didn't have until it's win tonight over Wake Forest, so another bubble spot has been taken.

Last year I believe Lunardi had 64 of the 65 tournament teams predicted in his final bracket. He is pretty accurate.

The Gophers should be in barring a bunch of major upsets in other conference tournaments. I am guessing the Gophs will be a 10-12 seed. No matter who they play I wouldn't bet on them or against them. They are too unpredictable. Will we see the 13-27 FT with too many turnovers or the low turnover swarming defense they occassionally show? I just hope they make it. The couple seniors they have deserve the trip to the big dance based on what they have endured over the last 4 years. Lets just hope the get a prime time game so we don't have to watch the ESPN internet feed from work.

Lunardi has now placed Minnesota on his "Last Four In" list, so that means they're moving down and could be close to not making it. I think they'll back their way in, but we'll have to wait until later today to find out if the selection committee gives them the nod.

This has been one of the wildest Championship Weeks that I can recall in recent years and it should make for a good tourney as there doesn't appear to be any real dominant teams. Can't wait until Thursday!!!!

Was pleasantly surprised to catch the game on 'CCO, and dissappointed to hear them p away a winnable game. 830 didn't have the game on Thursday when I checked online so I wasn't sure what the schedule was.

I guess with WI losing on Friday and the Gophers having the season sweep of the series, plus some quality wins against RPI top 50 and the Louisville feather in their cap, they should be all right.

The way the Gophers are playing lately I don't think anyone should predict any upsets...I haven't seen any semblance of a complete all around game since mid-January, Friday was just another example of this as the Gophs built a retaining wall around the lane with all their bricks from the free throw line.

The Gophers will send those W.T. Hicks back to Texas where they belong.

Gophers will win by 5.5

Gophers will win by 5.5

If they don't play A LOT better than they have in the last month they will get blown out!

Originally Posted By: petepeters

Gophers will win by 5.5

If they don't play A LOT better than they have in the last month they will get blown out!

I will agree with koonie on this one. But, crazy things can happen in the tournament. The Gophers have good enough defense to win a couple games in the tourney. If one or two guys can get hot offensively and not have the half court offense completely shut down like it has, they will be in the game. As long as whoever they may play doesn't shoot lights out, they should be able to keep the game close at least. The game that comes to mind is the game @Michigan. Michigan could not miss from three and the Gophers just couldn't quite get it going and every time they did, Michigan drained another couple threes. If the Gophers can catch a team like Texas, or even Duke for that matter, on an off shooting night, its not that far fetched to see them eeking out a win.

That's what I see through my maroon and gold glasses anyhow grin.

Texas isn't too farfetched, but theres no way they get past the Dukies. Like I said before, im just glad to watch em in the big one for once.

So what does that mean???

They could win the National championship every year and they would "STILL BLOW".

They were fortunate to have the top seeds get upset by FS and Maryland, they had already lost twice to Nc and they would have lost to them again.

So like I said before,

"DUKE BLOWS"! smile

"Ace"

texas has the beef and talent 1-5,, but the gophers have the speed and def 1-8. If the Gophers can get to the FT line and hit 80%, and shoot somewhat decent from the field,, they will beat a Texas team that has given up. Abrahms is the only player that scares me as long as we can contain the near 300lb beast they put down low--- that also shoots FT at 6-10 a clip.

We've got the bodies to put the hurt on the them, just not the individuals. The longer the game goes on,, the better it looks for us.

I just see the trend of the Gophs being in foul trouble early continuing and Texas shooting way too many free throws to lose. Anyone else think the Gophers foul too much??? They play great defense, but every third time down the floor they give up a cheap foul with like 20 seconds on the shot clock. frown They could definitely win if they tighten it up

I don't think they foul any more than any other team out there. Those fouls are a result of an aggressive defense and picking teams up full court at times.(2 of our strengths) Our best chance to win is to make it a full court game, press and run. Let our depth help us and our lack of any half court offense not hinder us.

That, cut down TO's and don't give up the 3 to their point guard and we get to take on Duke.

Willy, that has been the key the whole second half of the year we've been saying. I don't think their half court offense is going to suddenly turn into something special. Their only hope is to press and get out and run like you stated. The three pointers for the Gophers opponents will be key as well. If they can keep the three point opportunities to a minimum, I like their chances.

Well, down 4 at the half. Quite honestly given what this team has shown Gopher fans in the last 6 weeks you have to be ecstatic for this effort, even if they still gave up yet another shot before the half. Damian Johnson has been on the bench for most of the first half with 2 fouls, so take what you can get.

The half court offense looked better and the team's guards looked to attack. I just wish I knew why Nolen is always looking to pass when he gets a step on his guy....one time from the camera angle we were given it looked like he passed up a wide open lay up for a 10 foot baseline shot that turned into a charge.

Pittman is killing the Gophs inside. Minnesota just doesn't have anyone that can stick with him physically except Jon Williams, but Jon is great at getting dumb fouls on both ends of the floor. When Pittman can create space with his body he can negate the shot blocking abilities of Sampson. Abrams got off to a decent start too, netting 11. He already has 7 trey attempts, so the Gophs have to stay locked in on the guy and not let him go nuts in the second half. Stop one or both of those players and the Gophers have a chance. But if the lead gets blown up and the Maroon and Gold has to play catch up, it could be over.

The gophers are in striking distance and are playing as well as we've seen in a long time. For once they came into a big game with a semblance of a game plan and are doing a respectable job of executing it. The gophers need someone besides Westbrook to step up. I'm hoping that guy is Paul Carter, who has missed a couple shots inside of 5 feet (granted they were contested).

On to the second half...

WOW! the gophers are ice cold. Nolan is a major disappointment and hohffarber is a bit of a letdown. Oh well.... It could be worse... they could be NDSU. HA!

5:00 left. They will not come back.