• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Cam Pics

muskie55

Found a hot red oak on Sat morning. Loaded with 'corns + a porky up top strippin 'em down. Hung a stand & put a camera up. Hunted it that evening - had a deer come out at last light... couldn't tell if it was a doe or a spike... passed. Checked the card the Sun morning and had 27 pics. Stricly nocturnal movement right now... going to let it calm down this week and hit it again Friday. Here's one pic from that night... No pics of any big guys yet.

acornbucks.jpg

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sticknstring

• archerystud

• 96trigger

• PerchJrkr

I wouldn't say nice but decent for the area. These are all from the big woods of Crosslake. I've got this one from a few weeks ago that I'm guessing is the same deer I posted awhile back in velvet... good g2s but no spread or mass.

bucksmall.jpg

Trying my first photo post. Just picked up the camera after my first set and was very happy with the results. Not a great photo, but enough to get the blood pumping!! gamecameraphotos052.jpg

I had only put that camera out about 10 hrs befor that. It almost looks like hes running away. The camera is an IR but it has a definit click when it takes a photo. We have about 15 photos of does from earlier that evening. Hope we didn't chase him out. the camera was out for 11 days and no other photos of him. Anyone else have any thought on this.

My guess would be that the buck smelled the camera and took off. I would say he was running before the click. Probably spooked him a little but not enough for him to leave completely. He looks like a good one.

Doesn't look like he's running either, just casually walking away. Possible that he never got close enough to trigger a good picture. the deer that I have gotten while running are very blurry. We are not using the highest quality cameras.

Looking a little closer it looks like he is laying down. Seems like he's quite a ways a way for the camera to trigger but maybe it's not that far.

I've witnessed many large bucks run with their tail down. Especially when they are trying not to be noticed.

You're right A-stud. Looks like he's at least 35-40 feet away. Are the cameras that sensitive?

He's definitely bedded down. There's a tree laying on the ground and across the pic. He's not that far from the tree. When you look at other relative objects in the photo, it's clear he's bedded down. I highly doubt he's been chased out of the area.

the click sound ya hear is the shutter. by the look of the info strip on the pic it looks like a moultrie camera. same i've got, and that "click" is the shutter.

I'll be the first one to disagree then. I think he's running away. The pic is very blurry of him and the one part moving the quickest is his legs. It looks like it would be somewhat unnatural head position with his head if he were bedded.

How long after was the next pic taken? It would be very odd to get a buck to come in, bed down facing away before any pic snapped, then not be in the next picture. I say he's definately running away.

either im blind or my computer stinks because i cant see anything in that picture that looks like legs. i was going to suggest to that i thought he was bedded, my guess is there are more pics that were taken before this one...

maybe someone could put that photo into PS, enhance it and give us the truth.

He looks to be bedding down to me.

Thats the only photo hes in, that is why I believe he was running thru. I would estimate that he is about 20-30 yrds from the camera. We have many photos of deer at that diatance with much better quality pictures. This is why I believe he is running away. Over 250 more photos and never in another picture.

Lets see if i remember how to post pictures. I had this buck on my camera last night less than 24 hours after putting it out. I'll be slug hunting this land, a couple hundred yards from where the camera was. Any guess on what a gross score might be?

14-pointer004.jpg

14-pointer002.jpg

14-pointer001.jpg

Lots of points, good width, but lacking tine height. He should go 150+ but its really hard to tell how much mass is definitely around the base of the antlers, it looks like there is a lot of junk, but an accurate measure will have to be taken after you shoot it. He's definitely mature.

Mainframe 10 with lots of junk. He's a dandy... I'd have a hard time waiting 'til November. Get out there with the bow!

That cam takes nice pics... that's the only negative with the IR's... no color.