• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mt. Normandale Lake- Bloomington

Normandale lake used to be a swamp with 9 mile creek running through it. Back in the 80s they tore up the swamp, dredged it out a little and put in the poor word usage (yea...that is silly that they censor the word for the thing that stops water flowage also known as poor word usage on this site. Just what DO you want everyone to call it? DOI!!!!) you see off Normandale Rd.

It is called a dam! Problem is people are putting an "n" at the end of dam, and then you have an entirely different word that refers to eternal torment in the lake of fire, and is a word that some consider offensive.

This poster posted this same thing last year about how many bass he catches on this weed pond. He posted a pic that was about 20 yrs old and didn't prove it was on this lake.

This is a political ploy as this was quite an issue in bloomington and since this poster made the same post last year it had a few more people ice fishing it. I almost never see boats on the lake as it needs to be dredged to maybe make it a real lake.

You guys that catch all these monsters in there let me know when you are going and I will come fish with you to catch these so called monsters.

Please check the posts from this poster and see that about 90% of them relate to the trophy fishery that is being debated in the city.

Please check the posts from this poster and see that about 90% of them relate to the trophy fishery that is being debated in the city.

I would try to get all the facts before you start bashing someone. I have fished this lake a couple of times and have hit some very nice bass. Did I get any trophies, I did not, but I did catch some very nice bass and it was a fun lake to fish. Maybe he does have some political backing, maybe he just has a concern for this lake. I don't know him so I can't say. But I won't put someone down for posting. And if the lake is getting hit hard, who cares. If indeed it's going to be drained out, what harm is being done to it?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      Fish Newton lake is great for walleyes. Everyone goes to basswood and forgets about newton. The late fall pike bite in pipestone is amazing and it’s a great time to catch the big walleyes are up there feeding too.
    • gimruis
      It would cost you 830 bucks to watch every game this NFL season under multiple platforms.   I don't have peacock or espn+ or whatever they want me to have, so I'll just have to relent on being able to watch a few games.  I refuse to cave in to their demands just to watch the Packers play the Eagles in Brazil.  I think last year peacock had the exclusive rights to the Miami/KC playoff game too.  I'm sure that will occur again in January.
    • leech~~
      Well it's a win, but it wasn't to Purdy with all the turn overs and penalties!  
    • leech~~
      Oop, must be another Vikings game.  So far it's been a Prudy game, Viks!  😁
    • leech~~
      Another prediction.   Under the cloud of "Woke Inclusion" Just like the Mn state flag and the Mn Twins, the Vikings name will be going away in a few years! Their already making them look like Snow flakes!  We can't have the uniforms of angry Norwegian people!  Sounds funny but. Wait for it! 😒
    • leech~~
      Just sayen, not all the loyal old fans, can pay for the NFL viewing package!    
    • Wanderer
      New frontiers.  Expand the market; make more money.  Despite some PR moments, they’re not in it for charity.   BUT, they might want to take a moment and see how that worked out for NASCAR.  Not that having to buy premium channels to watch races was the only problem but it sure helped kill the fever for a lot of people.
    • leech~~
      Get ready. Any bets in a few years the average Joe NFL fans aren't going to be able to watch their local teams, unless it's pay for view!  Sounds like their greasing the wheels now.  There are 5 international games this year! ☹️ "The NFL will play a regular season game in Madrid, Spain in 2025, as the NFL prioritizes global growth and expands the International Games to new cities and markets around the world."
    • chaffmj
      I have gone into Basswood from Fall Lake. From Fall the first portage takes you into Newton and that is the easier of the two. The portage from Newton into Pipestone is the one with a hill. It is definitely harder! You also have to be careful when you go down the hill because the boat will pick up speed and can get away from you. Yes, you can get to Jackfish without going into Canada and there are signs letting you know where Canada is.
    • gimruis

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.