• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fairmont-Marshall-New Ulm-Worthington Area Fishing Reports - SW MN

I will not be driving out on any lakes for the remainder of the season.

The ice could be bad in spots and you won't know after this very warm spell we had.

I can wah the truck at the car wash. 4 wheeler for me from know on.

• 3 weeks later...

Lookin for a lake in the windom to Talcot Lake area to find some crappies. Just the name of the lake is fine.

thanks

Wellner-Hageman Reservoir by comfrey also has a good amount of crappies, but not sure how ice is with the current.

Talcott does have very nice Crappie, if I could just find them. Every other year or so, I seem to find them, but they are sneaky critters. But they are nice slabs!

• 5 weeks later...

just wandering how many people here are going to give it a try? any thoughts on what the weather will do to the bite. or anyone know what Rigley creek, Hindeman, or Ramsey look like (murky? flooded? clear? or should be ok).

Just to let everyone who doesn't already know they delayed the stocking in the Redwood River and Sheldorf Creek to the end of april.

how about the other places i mentioned? how does a person find out this info? i know u work at camden.

well found out after fishing and talking to another angler that no trout were stocked this year in area, after fishing at one place we went to Ridgley and ranger said hopefully wedsday. brought boat home though

Boy the weather out here in the Avoca area is like a box of chocolates...and today we're eating huge snow flakes! 2" in the last hour?!?

• 3 weeks later...

Not much but some nice panfish on the grade in Worthington, now this focus is this weekend for Walleye opener.

Thanks for the info. It isn't often I see a fishing report for my home town. I am just debating if I want to head back there for opener or if I am going to stay around where I live. At any rate thanks for the info and good luck this weekend!

I will say, the lakes including Okabena and Round are all crystal clear, which to me says the bite will be good. Now the wind..... that could be another story.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught a nice crappie and some tiny walleye from shore on lake benton last week. Are the walleye usually pretty small on that lake?

I too caught a very small walleye at Lake Benton this weekend. It looks to be great fishing in a few years.

I have never caught any crappie in Lake Benton. What were you using?

Lake Benton has some really nice eyez, but I do agree that in a few years it will be a hot lake!!

Has alot of little eyez, but a share of big ones to!!!!

Spent a few hours around the Avoca Dam today. Been years since i've wet a line there. Bobber and a worm...and an ultralight rod, but my daughter pulled in her first carp...Of course you've got to break the rod tip in the process grin

full-26433-9108-img_3506.jpg

Little Catfish as well on the bridge.

I appologize for the pliers to mouth pics, but i think they'll live!

full-26433-9109-img_3505.jpg

Good LUck!

I bet that Carp on an Ultra light was fun as heck! Thanks for the pics, looks like the daughter had a blast!

Boy you locals are going to be in for a treat next year.

West Graham this morning, boated 16 walleyes - Will be eaters next year laugh

Biggest might have pushed 12". Half caught on crankbaits, half on jig and worm.

Two nice channel cats, one on a crankbait, other on a jig.

And a crappie ready to burst.

Fulda lake the last two days my daughter and I pulled at least 30-40 walleyes, all released, all 10" laugh

They're thick enough i actually snagged a few with a crankbait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know it was hit with a winter kill last year on St James, but after a year plus has gone by, is it as bad as was thought? Anyone tried it lately? It had been one of my favorite panfish and bass lakes.

Lots of little northerns and some nice perch. Bass and other Panfish numbers are down.

weeds are huge and very thick. I had so many weeds around my prop I couldn't even drive the boat onto the trailer. Few good fish though

• 2 months later...

eyes are going awesome right now on jigs in less than 5 feet of water before dark

• 1 month later...

Any ice on the Fairmont chain? With the warm temps coming up the end of the week was thinking of getting the boat out one last time! Just wondering if they are open yet or think they will blow back open by Friday? thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Fished kansas lake for a few hours yesterday. 5" pf ice straight out from the pier. Caught two small eyes before dark, after dark, nothing. I think its about time to get out the power auger. Hand cranking 8" holes kinda sucks after about 3 holes then I had to take a beverage break and do the other 3.