• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Eric Wettschreck

Fairmont-Marshall-New Ulm-Worthington Area Fishing Reports - SW MN

theghost_03

You sure that was the fish biting kev and not you on a bag of seeds?! whistle

MN Shutterbug

I took my canoe out on an area lake on Friday afternoon, and caught 2 eater walleyes and 2 bass and lost one pig of a bass when he shot out of the water and spit out the plug. I fished from about 2:30 - 5:00 in the afternoon. I was trolling in less than 3 feet of perfectly calm water. I was using a fat 2" parrot colored plug that dives only to 2 feet. It was a fun 2 1/2 hours. However, next time I'm going to go with a plug with larger hooks so I can hang onto the pig once he's hooked.

theghost_03

I was lucky enough to pull these two fish out this past week, a 7 and 9 lb fish. Both were CPRd!! Alot of nice eaters came out and several more fish of this caliber were pulled out in my boat. Been a awesome spring so far!!

100_3286.jpg

100_3292.jpg

onlydrakes4me

very nice fish

tjbassmaster

Nice fish! It has been kind of slow for me so far this year. Have caught a couple eaters and a lot of little ones but notin bigger the 18 yet.

pointerboat

Opening day I caught 5 fish , biggest was 25", 4 from 18&1/2,to 19&1/2 released the 25. Probably been out 20 times since & usually 1 14" ,then I just through it back not wanting to clean just one, so 7 keepers is all for me so far.

TruthWalleyes

Found 2 eyes on talcot saturday late afternoon. Slow to a crawl, jig n leech.

A big Thank You to the gentlemen that gave my car a pull at the landing!!

TKwalleye

Hammered the crappies at Shetek last weekend. Many in the 10-12" range. Nice day. Hope they are still hot this weekend.

jake125

Heard reports of a 32'' 12lb walleye coming out of a certain southern minnesota lake?? Has anyone else heard any truth to this

pwally

Were you fishing from shore or in a boat for the crappies?

TKwalleye

Yeah, actually from our dock. We literally caught them in about 18" - 20" of water. Talked to some others at the lake and heard that they were catching them from the boat too. Somebody caught a 15" crappie in Bloody Lake on the north side of Shetek. I saw the picture....nice fish. He's getting it mounted.

pwally

Thanks for the info. My 5 year old son and I tried on Sunday afternoon at the dykes but didn't get a nibble.

broken_line

i heard a kid got a 26" eye in a town, anyone hear what town?? or where? all ive been getting lately is a limit of catfish everynight, few crappie and huge 32"+ carp on my crappie gear whooo is that fun!

theghost_03

Heard reports of a 32'' 12lb walleye coming out of a certain southern minnesota lake?? Has anyone else heard any truth to this

Your very close, I saw one that was actually a bit bigger than what you described, and yes it did come out of a CERTAIN SW MN lake. wink

broken_line

did the lake have a simple landing, no parking space with only 1 farm house on the lake??

MN Shutterbug

did the lake have a simple landing, no parking space with only 1 farm house on the lake??

You call that a landing? At least I can get my canoe in and out easily. wink

PKretsch20

Bass fishing has been very slow the last couple nights

crothmeier

speaking of catfish in shetek, whats up with the catfish in sarah. Caught a big one the other night on a med-lite rod with 6lb test, was a lot of fun, but not what i was there to catch. Anyone else getting cats and bullies there?

broken_line

sunday night got 15 of theese bad boys or girls and a carp ready for the smoker

HPIM0467.jpg

jake125

That is a very nice fish, I would like to see a picture of that one! eye fishing picking up anywhere down here?? Thinkin about hitting up Lake Sarah friday, and then headin up towards wilmar saturday

123fish

Typical night on Shetek for broken line. When you start catching that size of cat in Sarah in any numbers at all you might want to say a prayer.

crothmeier

jake havent heard much. my luck on sarah the times i've been down there is bullheads and catfish.

KoopHawk

Anyone have any luck with walleyes on Shetek? I've been thinking about going up to my parents place for a long weekend and giving it a shot but I don't want to waste my time (its a 5 hour drive!)

MN Shutterbug

I took my canoe out to Brawner last night and pulled in this pig. It measured 19 1/2" and is the largest I've taken out of that lake. By next year, he should be the 20"er I'm after. The photo was taken with a low quality cell phone. I don't trust my good photo equipment to a canoe. smile

3648758646_3693650f7d_o.jpg

newbuddy56258

My son caught a 42 inch catfish in the Minnesota River near Granite Falls last week. Can't seem to figure out how to post it hear yet, but if anyone wants to see the pic, e-mail me at [email protected]

newbuddy56258

brainard6

Anyone have any luck with walleyes on Shetek? I've been thinking about going up to my parents place for a long weekend and giving it a shot but I don't want to waste my time (its a 5 hour drive!)

I was out this weekend and I caught 5...2 I could have kept..1 was almost 16 and the other one was 21. The other three were very small.

Sarah is the place to be. We caught our share of fish this weekend on Sarah...I know a guy who got one a little over 10lbs

Eric Wettschreck

The wife and I spent a few hours floating around Okebena after work. We saw a lot of fish on the sonar, no biters. We also picked up a bunch of trash floating around the lake. Yuk.

minnesotashooter

My 6 year old son caught a 20 inch smallie and a 30 inch walleye this week, needless to say it has been a good week for him!!

MN Shutterbug

My 6 year old son caught a 20 inch smallie and a 30 inch walleye this week, needless to say it has been a good week for him!!

Your young son is going to have to teach me how to fish. smile That's incredible. Give him a big attaboy from me.