• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fairmont-Marshall-New Ulm-Worthington Area Fishing Reports - SW MN

walleyehunter80

Drakes, Do you have a doctors appointment today too?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MN Shutterbug

• broken_line

• Eric Wettschreck

• muc33

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fished Hanska today. Not nearly as good of luck as others have reported. My son and I caught 1 walleye 18 inches long. Not another bite. Talked to at least 3 other boats. Not one of them caught a

Kind of a late report, but I spent the past couple weekends on Big Stone Lake.  We fished the Big Stone Walleye Classic last weekend and finished in the middle of the pack with only 3 fish.  Prior to

I'm shocked. I haven't been here in awhile and can't believe it's been almost 3 years since the last post. I was hoping to find someone that wanted to go out on a lake by Marshall as I have an open se

broken_line

just cerious but how long does it take for the fishing to be good again after a freezeout?

walleyehunter80

i would guess 3-4 years depends what size fish you call good. i would have to say that if a lake gets stocked the spring of 2009 that they would be big enough to keep by 2013 or 2014 give or take a year depending on how fertile a lake is

PerchPounder

You might be surprised how fast a lake will actually rebound if you consider that there is a possibility that not all fish died when the lake froze out. We have caught walleyes 17-24" out of a lake the winter after it froze out. I would guess that there is a possibility of that same thing happening there if there is any kind of freshwater entering the lake to sustain a small population of fish.

Set n Hooks

Technically its a new quarter now, so.. all A's!!! but idk if i'll be albe to come out anyways. =(

broken_line

dang... which inlet were you talking about?? the one by the public or on cr 22? i saw a few guys fisihng off the road today but was toooo cold to see if they were catching any thing..

onlydrakes4me

Walleye80 just got home sick of making potatoes. Beer was cold and tastes good

walleyehunter80

ha ha ha i bet, the only way you could get me to drink a beer is if it were ICE ICE COLD!

Have fun up there today as I will be looking at rings for a short time and then heading to the woods with rifle in hand

usmtsrocks

Any crappie/sunfish reports for the start of open water season. The weather has been crappy and cold, curious if the fish are in late ice stage(deeper) or shallow water. Looking at trying a few spots possibly this weekend.

hockey_19pro

I was thinkin the same thing usm...it's sad to say, but I think the crappies are still gonna be deeper for at least another week or so, with the temps we've been having lately. O well, I'll still probably be out wetting a line this weekend!

broken_line

i mihgt get out tmo if i get my boat motor fixed...ive tryed for crapps bullheads and carp but havnt had any luck yet..

going off my fish finder... There still seem to be a lot of fish deep, some have moved shallower 7' - 10', but nothing has been super shallow (under 5') Take it for whats it worth but those are my observations so far.

• 1 month later...

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

crothmeier

was out last night fishing from shore. caught some eyes and a bunch of crappies. Seems like things are picking up with the water warming up.

was out last night fishing from shore. caught some eyes and a bunch of crappies. Seems like things are picking up with the water warming up.

Sounds like a great time. I am hoping to find the same thing when I take my 5 year old son out in the next few days. What time of day did you catch them?

crothmeier

white jig head, kind of a maroon colored twister tail, but from what i saw they's bit anything they could see.

If you'd be willing to let me know what lake you caught those on you can e-mail me at [email protected]

If you don't want to give that info out, I totally understand.

crothmeier

i think most lakes right now are hitting in the shallows if you find the right spots. look to running water or north shore as they warm up faster as well as wind-blown shorelines.

How about what county, and what size of lake you were fishing on? That way a person would have to do some research and investigating to find out exactly where you were.

theghost_03

Was on a local SW mn pond last night and finally had some success. The fish were running shallow throughout the day and had alot of success presenting live bait and moving slowly compared to earlier success had trolling with plugs.

crothmeier

Took the wife out last night from 7-8:30 fishing from shore, caught maybe 20 crappies 8"-10" and one small sunfish. All C&R. the fish were not right up on shore like they were last week, maybe the cooler weather pushed them back out

crothmeier

tried sarah last night. 1 cat and 1 big bullhead. Trolled many different colors of cranks, at a few different speeds, also tried the jig n twister. Slow night.

There were about 15 boats out there right away, but close to dark most left.

Anyone having any luck out there?

Not really. My buddy was out there on monday and caught a 22" and 24" walleye but said he had a tough time keeping those big yellow belly bullhead off especially at sunset.

Went out last night too. Caught 6 walleye only one was a keeper (16") the rest were to small, 2 perch, a big bluegill, and 1 bass.

Cats being caught in Sarah. That probably makes the DNR swallow pretty hard when they hear that.

kevfish1

The walleyes have been really biting on the lakes in this area. Fished this morning and had good success pulling spinner rigs along a rock edge. The fish seem to be real aggresive right now.