• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ripcord rest vs schaffer

killerloop1

What are your opinions on a ripcord rest? I bought another bow and always wanted a ripcord, I currently use Schaffers, but I like the idea of full containment??

Any problems?

I've never heard anything bad about the schaffer rest. I have a ripcord because I wanted everything in a drop-away with the benefit of the full containment.

I think having FC is the best. I like to lean my bow on my lap rather than hang it up and I like to do a tiny bit of spot and stalk if the conditions are right, so it was an easy choice for me.

I love my ripcord.

I purchased a Rip cord last season. I was very happy with it and had not one issue.

A+++ in my book for whatver thats worth.

I think both rests are solid.

A high tek arrow HOLDER or a cobra arrow HOLDER will make your standard fall away funtion someone like a full containment rest for $5.

Schafer is a higher quality rest in my opinion. The big thing for me is that a Schaffer rest is custom fitted to the bow so it can't be knocked out of place.

Originally Posted By: Hubercita
Schafer is a higher quality rest in my opinion. The big thing for me is that a Schaffer rest is custom fitted to the bow so it can't be knocked out of place.

Ya, thats why I got it, but kinda like powerstroke said,, I also like the bow on my lap, and w/o containment I'm constantly battling the donk!

Its only a custom fit if you shoot matthews, Hoyt or PSE X-force

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
Its only a custom fit if you shoot matthews, Hoyt or PSE X-force

You mean to tell me there are other bows out there other then HOYT????? HMMMMMM

lol