• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

well be carefull out there in the comming weeks and have a good st pattys day. corn beef on a rueben or with cabbage sounds good right now.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• budboy

• fishuhalik

• reinhard1

• River Rocket

I hate when I see rain in the forecast. It really does a number on the shoreline access. Especially lakes like Cross that have steep shorelines. frown

Guess I'll just have to head further up to Knife where the cabins are. smile

yes we have to go with the conditions are in front of us. at this point i will go with my wheeler or on foot. first we where waiting for first safe ice and now last safe ice. depends on the weather. time to whatch conditions and stay safe. good luck.

I might try my luck wed. what do you find to be the best depth? Seems to be alot of steep breaks. Found most of my fish on gradual breaks or small flats. Any good watering holes in the area? smile

the south east shoreline picks up this time of the year for me. i was put there by a friend of mine because i usualy went near the island. a bait shop owner that i know put me by the island. so i just pass it on. i usualy fish around 10 to 12 feet on that east shoreline. dont know of any watering holes near by but i'm sure there has to be one or two in pine city. good luck.

I might try tomorrow. If my spot don't produce i'll hit up a few that you like and tell ya how i do. I'd like to get some fillets and head for the pine city legion, I hear that is a nice bar.

cubbys finally got a good beer on tap! the South end is very hit or miss was there earlier this year and only a few. The north end is kicking out lots of gills, gotta sort thru a few tho. We have been on the crappies all winter long on cross, from 2inches of ice til now. Headed out this am. Been relly good fishing the last 4-5days. REALLY GOOD! lots of nice packs of crappies

I got out about 9am and did well on crappies got 9 in the 1st hour then they totally died. Moved around alot and found alot of small perch! tried the SE,S,SW,north of island hump, island and community spot on W side. Ended with 10 crappies and 3 sunfish, that lake really makes me mad somedays! Went to east rush and filled my limit of gills. Where is Chubby's?? I had to go all the way to Flickabird's to get a shot of jack for lunch. i also had a very large pike on for 5 min. but I lost it...........

hey there fellow andover guy. i think all the lakes around here and north of here are safe to walk on. the landings would be the only issues at this time for vehicle trave. my driving days are over for hard water at this point. good luck.

Sounds good. Well I'm off to Pokegama tomorrow then. Anyone been out the last few days and can give an update on the landings? I'm sure once you get on the main lake it is fine, but I don't like water up to my knees to get on by the shore!!!

Will you give a report on the access after tomorrow. Family event or I'd be there with you Saturday but got clearance to head out Sunday. I need to know if I have to bring the sleds to get on or not. I spoke to the supper club about and hour ago and there was a truck on the lake and the landings where holding but its going to be sunny today and tomorrow so who knows. Please post if you can.

THanks

i was out wed. still PLENTY of good ice. The south landing was getting bad but the east landing was fine, there were cars using it! Does the supper club serve drinks? And is that the place on the west shore that has a bar sign???

Report:

Plenty of good ice on the lake, and ramps in ok condition as of Saturday. Went out on the East side where my normal "go to area" is, and hardly anything biting. There were plenty of guys arouind and no one seamed to be doing much. Moved to a mid lake structure that has produced in the past, and got into some crappies there by myself.

Left the lake on the South ramp, and again in drivable condition. I had the truck on the ice with everyone else, but that could really change in a matter of days. IMO, the truck is staying on the shore the rest of the year...

glad you had some luck. yes, this time of the year i wont go on a lake with my truck. sure the ice is still safe in some areas. not all lakes are the same, especialy the shallower lakes. mille lacs may be an exception as the people that maintain the ice roads that you pay to get on wont let you access if its not safe. there are plenty of lakes around this area where a short walk with a sled of portable will get you on fish. good luck.

How's the ice holding up after this rain we got today? I'm looking to take my dad out one last time on sat 3/26.

Going to Pokegama for the first time tomorrow...from what I understand there are 2 accesses - North and south of the lake. Is the North access on the Bayside Loop? just did a mapquest satellite search and seemed to look like there was a dirt parking lot...

Thanks

Found the access no problem...We did OK, nothing to brag about. Could have done a lot better but all the nicer perch were oozing eggs and sperm when taking out the hook so we let them go back beside the one. Looking forward to hitting this lake in the boat.

The 2 larger crappies are 10.75in and 10.5in

full-37583-7239-190385_749225644201_5601

Nice looking fish. If you don't mind me asking, where can you find those rod holders?

Nice looking fish. If you don't mind me asking, where can you find those rod holders?

Found this one at Gander Mtn in Maple Grove last year..~10.00 if i remember right

• 2 months later...

Anyone been on Poke or Cross? Heading out tomorrow and thought i see if anything is hitting.

Not looking for a 'your' spot - just looking for a general lake update.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We are looking at a few cabins on this lake and wondering if anyone can give us some current feedback on the fishing of this lake? looks like a beautiful lake, not to mucky a we come into the end of July. Thanks so much for anything you can give us!

We are looking to purchase a cabin on Pokagama lake and wondered how the fishing is? It looks like a beautiful lake. Any current feedback on this lake and the area would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, my name is RED, pokegama is a great lake for fishing and a added bounus is that you would also have the river to fish which flows out of pokegama and into cross lake so you have two lakes and a river to fish, were the fishing is great from panfish to muskie, i own a bait shop in ROCK CREEK.

Hey guys , just wanted to let you know there is a pretty decent panfish bite going on wright now and water levels look good now!!!