• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Limbsaver Bow

crazydew

Has anybody tested the new DeadZone bow by Limbsavers yet.? Deitz i'm looking your way. Just wondering. Concept looks good but haven't had a chance to stop at Scheels to look at one because of field training this spring.

Chad

Sorry man... I have not, I would love to.. I have yet to see one in a shop... and even harder to find one left handed and 31" draw.. LOL

If you get out to try it, let us know...

anyone else?

i shot one at cabela's a few weeks ago and it seemed really loud compared to the diamond and the primos bows. but it did fit me pretty good. i wouldn't by the bow but that is my preference.

I have not tried one yet either, but have been reading mixed reviews on them, which is a personal preference. I don't know if I could get use the looks of the bow, not my taste.

SIMS Limbsaver Here are the specs

Model: Deadzone DZ-32

axle to axle: 32 inches

Brace Height:7.25 inches

Mass Weight: 4.2 pounds

Finish: Next G1

IBO speed: 320 to 330 fps

Those are the specs from Petersen's Bowhunting May/June 08

Here is the reveiw from the magazine

When a company comes out with a new bow they often struggle at first until dealers and consumers figure out whom they are and what they are selling. However, that doesnt seem to be the case with the Sims Limbsaver Dead Zone, Sims is a well-known company with an existing dealer network so the transition was not overly difficult. However, just because you have contacts in the marketplace doesnt mean you can make a good bow. Steven Sims and company spent three years developing the new dead zone and their efforts shine in sims first model.

The Dead Zone has a unique limb pocket that moves the butt off of the limb forward, away from the shooter, to permit a moderate brace height and parallel limbs. This design also reduces limb stress and keeps limb vibration from reaching the riser. the Dead Zone features a hybrid cam system. My notes from the ATA show: "Possibly the biggest Surprise of the show, very quiet, fast and sweet shooting bow. Shot feels great."

This article was writen by Bill Winke, (again not my opinion)

Crazydew, maybe this information will help a bit. Also in this Petersen's issue they have a "Great Bows 2008" section that covers all the bows for the upcoming year.

Baz

Thanks MrBaz, I read that article also. Just hadn't heard anyone on the forum testing it yet. We have our spring sheriff's auction this weekend and am planning on sneaking over to Fargo and try it out.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Dang, looks like a Mpls "Shots fired map"    
    • Wanderer
      I hope you boys in East Central didn’t too beat up too bad by the storm last night!     Major Connexus power outages still.  I have friends and family in the area; fortunately power loss is the only thing they’re having problems with.  
    • Hookmaster
      That plate of fish and potatoes  looks awesome. I almost drooled on the keyboard!!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   An excellent walleye and sauger bite continues across the lake. The deep mud is holding big numbers of fish.  30 - 35 feet of water is the norm right now for depth.      Anglers are catching fish using many different techniques.  Pulling spinners, trolling crankbaits and jigging are all producing fish.   A two hook crawler harness with a spinner blade colored in gold, gold / pink, pink, orange, glow red, glow white, or a combo of these colors.  Use a 2 - 3 ounce weight to get it down.  Heavier in deeper water and in breezy conditions. Trolling crankbaits continues to catch good numbers of fish as well.  When walleyes spread out over the miles and miles of mud over Big Traverse Bay, covering water is a good strategy.    Rock reefs, or the areas adjacent to the rock, are holding some nice walleyes and saugers.  With miles and miles of open mud basin, areas of structure can be a magnet.     Many anglers will jig on top of the rocks.  Jigging has been successful over mud where there are numbers of fish.   Anglers fishing tournaments are utilizing forward facing sonar and are sharp shooting big walleyes in all parts of the water column throughout Big Traverse Bay.  The recent winners of the AIM Pro Walleye Minnesota Championship tournament put up 5 walleyes for over 50 lbs.  This is the second tournament in a row that saw over a 10 lb per walleye average.  These fish were caught, photographed and released. On the Rainy River...   A variety of species of fish continue being caught on the river.  There is still some decent current which has drawn extra fish into the river. Sturgeon anglers are reporting good summer action.  Anchored up soaking some crawlers or frozen emerald shiners (or both) is the name of the game.   There were some good reports from the river this week for walleyes and some nice sized fish as well.  Reports of quite a few shiners in the river already.  Shiners will often attract walleyes.  Jigging, trolling spinners / crawlers or trolling crankbaits are all producing fish. Up at the NW Angle...  Excellent walleye fishing continues.  Some fish are on the structure while others are hanging out over flats.  Different forage in different areas these predators are focused on.     Mud from 15 - 30' such as east of Little Oak Island, near Four Blocks or north of Garden Island have been producing walleyes.  When fish are sliding out to mud flats, spinners and crawlers which cover water work well, as do trolling crankbaits. In this part of the lake, it is often a mixed bag including walleyes and saugers, perch, crappies, pike, bass and even muskies.  
    • chaffmj
      Permit & Season Information A permit is always required to enter the BWCA Wilderness:  Visitors taking an overnight paddle, motor or hiking trip, or a motorized day trip into the BWCAW from May 1 – September 30 are required to obtain a quota permit through Recreation.gov. Walk-up permits may be obtained at any permit issuing station on the entry date or one day prior when available, however, reservations are recommended since there are a limited number of quota permits for each entry point. 
    • gimruis
      Didn't realize they allowed outboards there.  I thought it was a non-motorized area only.
    • chaffmj
      Yes, we did! We kept some eater walleyes. We also ate panfish and walleyes while camping.  
    • leech~~
    • leech~~
      Didn't you catch any eaters you could keep?    
    • chaffmj
      Was on Basswood last week camping and fishing.                                

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.