• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 NBA Playoffs

Scott M

James has plenty of help there now. Granted they are not true "stars" but some pretty decent players. Their roster this year was better than last year. I look for Cleveland to make a major deal in the offseason to land a star.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• bassNspear

• Sandmannd

• CNY Tim

I agree. There are some decent bit players on Cleveland's team but they need some more firepower to help LeBron.

Spurs took care of business last night. Spurs-Lakers and Pistons-Celtics. I'm hoping for a Lakers-Celtics finals, 1980's style.

My prediction spurs win it on 6. Lakers won't be able to keep Parker out of the paint with Bynum gone.

Kobe was like watching old Jordan highlights.......fun to watch!!

That was a great game, your exactly right Ozzie, it was like watching the Jordan.

So do you think it's over for the Celtics now that they lost at home. It was a really good game to watch. Both teams played some nice D and Allen finally showed up for the playoffs.

Well, it's going to get a lot tougher now that Billups is stepping it up despite his injury. Boston can win a game on the road, they just need to get over that mental block. I think this series is going 6-7 games no matter what, even if Boston went up 2-0. Boston played a good game, they just didn't bring the "D" that got them there.

I agree, defense was lousy in the second half and they looked tired. This ones going 7..

Oh yea, it's going seven for sure. Fun series to watch. I have a lot of respect for both KG and good ol' Flip. Nice to see them doing well without McHale around.

Pretty decent game tonight. Nice to see the clets dominate on the road for once.

Yeah can't wait for Celts to go up 3-1 tonight, spread the ball and get everyone involved and hope that D-Town shoots as crappy as they did the first 8 to 9 minutes..

i was watching the game tonight, and maybe its just me, but they need to get the ball down into KG when hes posted up. It was a horrible game! they didnt play normal at all tonight. Pistons had awesome defence, but if boston would have got into there own game, it would have been a different game.

Hopefully they can bounce back in boston for game 5

Kobe took over in San Antonio. Looks like the Lakers could be going to the Finals. 3-1 L.A. We'll see what pride is left in the Spurs' veterans to drag this thing to 6 or 7 games.

The Spurs have finally revealed their age. Outhustled on loose balls, lots of turnovers, and getting their @ss handed to them on the baords.

News to all those Celtics fans out there:

IF you get past Detroit.. and IF--

be ready to be swept by the Lakers.

KoBe is on mission with the whole ShaQ thing. Bowen is a great def player. KObe scores 30 and not one trip to the line in game 4.,, who will even attempt to guard Kobe from Boston?? Rondo??? Oh my goodness. 50 in each game is very likely. Pierce-- he'll foul out before halftime.

KG, Pierce and Allen all over-rated.

KG is mister choke come crunch time at the charity stripe. Watch and see.

I don't know. I like the Boston-LA matchup to go 6-7 games...A sweep would surprise me. Bowen's getting old. There are some pretty good defenders on the Celts too.

Garnett was on a mission tonight. He's as close as he's ever been, 3-2 Boston.

What was KG tonight, 10-12 at the line? Pretty bold predictions ...It still takes a team to win a championship.

I would have to give K.P. (Kendrick Perkins) the "Step da [PoorWordUsage] up Award" what a night he had. Defense was sloppy by the C's starting in the 3rd quarter and so wasn't Rondo's ability to finish down the stretch I know he's young but some of his passes look like a setter setting up a slam in volleyball. Composure, no overpassing, take the first open look shot and the most important get back quick on defense, GET BACK QUICK ON DEFENSE! that's how they got the 15 pt. lead you could see the guys were worn down good, but this is the playoffs... We all know that Detroit will win game 6.. Were going back to Boston for game 7...

i was very impressed with perkins last night as well. KG looked better, and Allen was huge last night. Its going to be a shoot out for the pistons. they have to win on friday, but i have a feeling that if it goes back to boston, boston is to strong at home.

Man, Kobe lit it up again tonight. Not sure where the Lakers would be without him.

I hope boston wins there series, so we can see that match up for the finals.

Don't give the title to Kobe yet. Boston if they make it will give them a nice little run!

So who won tonight? I'm out of town and couldn't get ESPN.

Boston did.

Awesome game! Boston was down 10 in the 4th and runed it on to whoop the pistons.

Great game at Detroit last night. This is a basketball classic revisited after a long hiatus. The two best teams are squaring off with a lot of history and tradition on both sides. It's gonna be a rumble starting Thursday night in Boston...

everybody have a nice week and a half vacation from the nba! Cripes...

Wow, what a game. Paul Pierce gets hurt and comes back...that was an amazing sight. Probably on par with Willis Reed. That was the first thing I thought of but I don't like to throw out comparisons like that...but they were both All-Stars, in the finals, with a knee injury, and a thrilled home crowd. You could just see the Celtics come to life when that crowd picked up the noise. They could smell blood. And then Pierce canned those back to back 3's...cold-blooded, he really wanted those.

When Garnett nailed that tip dunk that sealed it. What a great game by Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. Rondo played awesome, Sam hit some shots...P.J. Brown had HUGE defensive rebounds and a couple important hits in the paint.

Too much team D for the Lakers to operate. When Kobe has to take as many shots as he has points they are in trouble. Posey and Allen can play pretty good defense and the help defense Boston plays really allows good rotation, good rebounding, good closeouts on shooters, and hands contesting every shot. Tough D. Those defenders have a little better size than Bruce Bowen, so this may be a tougher series offensively for Kobe. Boston knows that defense wins championships.

Boston needs game 2 since the series goes 2-3-2 on home court. They can do it again if Pierce's knee isn't too bad and Garnett plays more authoritative in the post. He needs to go to the rim. Gasol scored all of his points in the paint and Garnett was fading too much. KG's a great jump shooter but he is way more athletic than Gasol.

If this thing goes 2-0 to L.A. you might see the Old Kobe rear his ugly head. He'll be jacking 30+ shots and refusing to talk to his teammates. Right now Boston has the better playing bench, but I don't expect that to continue. I still see things going 6-7.

Great opening game!

It was a great game and it's going to be a great series. Loved it that KG had theh game he had. He's just so energized to be there he's like a kid again. Happy for him, but it still sucks to see him in another uniform. This series is going 6 or 7 for sure.

One other thought about the Finals Game One: I thought the announcers did a pretty good job. Van Gundy is right about Phil Jackson...he knows how to use timeouts correctly. I read in one of his books that he likes to let his team play out of their funks and not use timeouts as a bailout during the regular season. If I remember correctly, he also said that he doesn't really need them for breathers like they used to when he was a player since there are so many TV timeouts. But now I think he uses them to diffuse momentum and crowds.

Van Gundy, Jackson, and Breen are pretty good but they are way off when they say that Kobe is at or topping Jordan's status as a basketball great. As someone in the national media pointed out, Van Gundy and Jackson can do that to undermine Jordan since they both used to lose to him with regularity.

Agreed, they even brought up the stats. Kobe is 3 titles away, 5 ppg average away and 4 League MVP's away. That's a ways if you ask me. He's a great player, but Jordan is and I think will always be the greatest.

Not a strong finish but still a great defensive game. Leon Powe really played well. Kobe starting reverting to his old hissing, evil self until his team made a comeback. I think this series will be evened up in L.A. We'll see if the Celts can win a few away games like they did in the Detroit series. 108-102 final. 2-0 Boston.

Im happy for boston. There a great team, and im cheering for them to win it all!