• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 NBA Playoffs

Scott M

Good game tonight. Kobe took over and carried the team again tonight. KG and PP shot horrible. All they have to do is steal one game in LA, and go home for the win.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• bassNspear

• Sandmannd

• CNY Tim

It was a good game. I just can't stand Kobe and the lakers for some reason. Celtics have to man up and start going. But they kept it a good game though so that's fine with me. I don't think anyone expected the celts to sweep it.

Only 1 of Big 3 clicked for the C's. Two of the Big 3 click and it's a Celtic win, the Lakers got lucky. Pierce was no where to be found which makes me wonder if that knee was barking at him.

I think if the big 3 are all on their game, like they should be, it's lights out for the lakers. I'm predicting a game 6 victory in boston and it'll be over, I think the lakers will win game 5 in LA after they get beat in game 4 and the celtics will take it in game 6.

There going win it in boston. Its to important for them not to win it there it think.

Eat it Sasha. Ha ha. What a comeback. Celts will either win game 5 or 6 to wrap it up.

that was amazing comeback for the C's. They picked up the d fence, and desided to play in the second half. I still think there going to win it in Boston, becuase its only fitting for the situation.

What a game!! I'm a BIG KG fan even though I'm from WI. I'm curious though....how many guys that POST ever put a jock on???? I've caught TD's, hit last minute shots, hit home runs. sacked the QB....it's easy to sit back and criticize/analaze when you've never played the game(s). TISOSY11 did you ever play any sports???? You sound like you have it all figured out??????

Awesome game. I was going to give up in the first half, but I always have to watch the whole game. And man did it turn out great!!! Ray Allen showed up as well and had an awesome game. I think Lakers will win the next at home, but the Celts will pull it out in six. Would be cool if they won it on Father's Day though.

The lakers are totally deflated, home cooking 25 pt. lead and you let it slip away or should I say you forgot how to play defense and the Celtics played shutdown. Umbutuu was in full form late, amazing games for Posey and House but Ray Ray was HUGE. I am a Celts fan and I have a feeling this series will end in LA. This will set the tone and erase the memories of crappy playoff losses on the road witha win on Father's Day.

Nobody has ever came back down 3-1 in the Finals...

Including last nights game with the regular season the Celtics are 5-1 against the Lakers. This will not get past game 7.

Ish, is all I can say!! How do ya let old man Allen go in for 2 soft layups like that? When ya play that bad, I guess you don't deserve to win.

This will not get past game 7.

You sure you didn't mean to say game 6? It's impossible to go more than 7 games. grin

All i have to say is that Kobe is a horrrible defender. I spent alot of time watching him tonight. He fouls on 98% of the plays. That steal he had at the end of the game was a joke. Call the fouls, and if he fouls out, to bad. Make the game fair. Im sorry, but thats a joke.

I thought it was a decent game. Celts have to learn to play in the first quarter though. As far as the fouls, I think a lot of stars get that treatment. Garnett had some things that shoulda been called and weren't as well.

KG looked exhausted. Close out games are toughest to win and other than Pierce and Allen they didn't look very sharp. I think losing a big banging body like Perkins is giving Gasol/Odom almost free reign in the paint. Get some sleep guys recharge them batteries and let's get it done in Game 6

I think if the big 3 are all on their game, like they should be, it's lights out for the lakers. I'm predicting a game 6 victory in boston and it'll be over, I think the lakers will win game 5 in LA after they get beat in game 4 and the celtics will take it in game 6.

I should have wagered some money on this

Yes I think Boston will win it going away Tommorrow Night. The Lakers played as well as they could and they only won by 5. The Celtics are just a better team. Have more Talent, play better defense.... I expect KG to Finally explode and Take it to the lakers..

KG does look shot. I think is just running out of gas. The guy is always pumped up and ready to roll and i think he just needs to have some time off to rest.

Hopefully they dont go to a game 7, and end it tommorrow night.

if boston doesn't win tonight,, they will not win Game 7. then everyone will forget about the 24 point blow in Game 4 and remember the poor celtics as the only team in NBA history to lose when up 3-1.

GO LAKERS!!!!!--- if it gets to Game 7-- not even the whole Boston team will tame KObe.

The lakers are outmatched. The only reason they won is because Boston was missing a big body on the inside. It will end tonight. Can't wait to see KG hoist that trophy, I don't care if he's wearing green or not.

the lakers are outmatched. No questtion about it. Pierce,Allen have played above what I think they are capable of. KG has been KG, missing alot of jumpers and cleaning up the garbage under the tin. Tonight comes down to someone helping out Kobe,,(Fisher,Odom) and if that happens, I bet alot that Kobe takes over in a Game 7. Still a long shot, but I wouldn't want to be the Celtics facing the best player in the NBA in a Game 7. He will get the calls then.

Yeah no doubt, him and lebron are the most dangerous players in the game, but he's been having trouble being Kobe lately. I think the celtics have a good scheme to control him, But I hear ya if he's on the lakers are tough to beat.

Taking care of business at halftime. Boston up 58-35. Great ball rotation and help defensive rotations by Boston.

Great teams always beat great players. I said it last year when San Antonio beat LeBron James and a collection of misfits. This year the Celtics improved with each game, came together, and peaked at the finish to win a championship. For the real basketball fans you got to see how team defense is meant to be played. Some wondered how Kobe would be guarded when so many great individual defenders failed. This series and especially tonight you saw some of the best team defense played in the NBA in decades. It took Kobe 131 shots to score 154 points. He hardly got into the lane and eventually stopped trying. Pull up jumpers are the toughest shot to make in the league.

Impressive year for Boston. I’m happy for Garnett. “This is for everybody in ‘Sota!!!” The emotion he displayed…Imagine never taking a day off, putting every ounce of your energy into one goal and time and again being denied and then finally getting there. Anything really is possible. Or like his Adidas commercials say, Impossible is nothing. He didn’t play well every night of the Finals but he won a championship ring and he did it his way, with selfless play, hardnosed defense, and a complete all around game. I wish it could have happened on the Target Center floor but it just wasn’t meant to be. People don’t realize how close he came in 2004 with nowhere near the talent he’s playing with this year…If the Lakers had self-destructed one round earlier we might have seen Garnett win a championship in Minnesota, they did match up well with the Pistons.

The C’s were a fun team to watch. Key acquisition came in Posey, House, and at times even Cassell. Ray Allen stepped up in the big games, as did Paul Pierce. P.J. Brown played really well in the playoffs. Rondo made huge strides all year long. He really developed. Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe really stepped up after learning some things from KG. Those guys really protect the rim. Doc Rivers even learned a few things about coaching…he was brutal last year and made some silly mistakes early in the year and in the early rounds of the playoffs but eventually he figured it out. It helped to have a great cast of assistants and some demanding veteran players.

I expect the Lakers are going to be a very dangerous team next year if they can pick up some help in the late rounds of the draft and bring back a vastly improved Andrew Bynum. This game is going to sting as they got absolutely walloped and gave up. It’s not often you see a team quit, especially in the NBA Finals but I think you saw it tonight. They are going to remember the “na na hey hey goodbye” chants when they get ready for the playoffs next year.

It was a great game, and the best team won. I said it all along, boston will win it in 6 games, and they did. Great to see the three old times get the title. There going to be jacked up and ready for next year. Im happy for them and doc

I loved the "this is for everybody in sota" comment. Makes you feel like he still appreciates everyone. Didn't need to drop the f-bombs, but he is an emotional guy. Really glad for him and the rest of the team. They played great and deserved it.