• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 NHL Playoffs! Round 1: Avalanche vs. Wild

mr_jman

Originally Posted By: jwhjr
That was an ugly one. On to the next one...

Exactly! Ugly game! But this usually happens atleast once per series. They had us frustrated, they wouldnt drop their gloves and it [PoorWordUsage] us off. We need to play smart hockey now! Beat them hard on the net, since they wont drop their gloves to take a whoopin! grin.gif

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walleyes12

• mr_jman

• jwhjr

• Fishing_High

Yep these games happen once in a while. Its what you do in the next one and I think the Wild will bounce back (They'd better!)

Heres a few fun stats I thought of:

Wild are 2-1 in Game 5's

Wild are 2-0 in Game 6's

Wild are 2-0 in Game 7's

Gaborik didn't go over 4 games this year w/o a point (he's currently at 5 now) HE'S DUE!!!!!

Having said that I still hate my predictions for Game 5. I have a feeling it could go Game 5- Avalanche & Game 6,7 - WILD. I hope I'm wrong about Game 5, but I was dead on about the home and home series splits.

But also, the series has gone Avs - Wild - Wild - Avs so it should go Wild - Wild right!!!???

I don't think the Wild were suppose to win last night. If you would of asked me before they went to Colorado I would have said a split would be great but winning the first one there really gets your hopes up. What a bad game last night they can't even think about it and do to Colorado what they did to us early in game 5. Veilluex was running around and doing some stuff he shouldn't but I don't think I ever laughed so hard in a hockey game when he was making fun of the guy who was missing his front teeth.

Originally Posted By: Fishing_High
I don't think I ever laughed so hard in a hockey game when he was making fun of the guy who was missing his front teeth.

ME TOO!!! \:D

That was funny. The ultimate payback would have been if he got in a fight with Veilluex and knocked his out...

I think we should take up a collection to pay the refs enough to make it a fair game. The calling was terrible! On the other hand, Its good to get the fighting out of the way so they can play hockey on Thursday. I gotta say, I'm enjoying the hits-GO BOOG!!!!

Originally Posted By: fishn4kids
LET'S GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET'S GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Let's hope for a better showing tonight (and a goal or 2 scored in the first or second period for a change).

finally, they have scored in the first period. Much more disiplined hockey play tonight.

Duane

OK- don't get "local" station with Dish Network, whats TSN? don't get that apparently either

Well with a little more than 3 mins left, its over. Avs will take this one and go back to Pepsi Center and win the series. Wild can only play one period of hockey and do not captialize on their chances, seems like they dont care after 2 periods. They didnt do anything in the 3rd period...

Why did I predict it to go this way!?!?!?!?! Well I've been right about every game so the WILD WILL WIN the next 2. Just dissapointing to outplay the Av's all night and not get goals! mad.gif

They can out play the five that go up and down the ice but the one who they have yet to outplay is Theodore. He is the best trade the Aves have ever made. Quite frankly I hate watching the local station and their "bounces". Bounce this, bounce that. Bounces do not win series. Bounces win single games. They got their bounces game two. No real scores. That was a game won by bounces. Bounces, Bounces, Bounces. They need to be talking about penetraiting, passing and crashing the goal. The Blue line shots that they are taking arn't beating Theodore, and they won't. It seems the Wild forgot that good passes make "Quality" shots. They are a fun team to watch but if they need a real leader or someone who can step up. Gabby want's more money, way to funny. Try scoring 100+ points and leading your team THRU the playoffs. Not stop trying at the end of the regular season.

CW

Originally Posted By: cw642
He is the best trade the Aves have ever made. Gabby want's more money, way to funny. Try scoring 100+ points and leading your team THRU the playoffs.

CW

Theodore was the worst trade ever up until this year. He is playing good this year because it is his contract year.

Anyone seen Gaborik lately? He is terrible when he has the puck. Boogaard is better on the puck than Gaborik. I would trade Gaborik for Oli Jokinen yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Jokinen is the big center we need. Must win, backs against the wall, yadda yadda yadda. GET IT DONE!!!! mad.gif

Ya, good points mentioned.

I won't whine too much. I said it at the beginning of the year that they are 'a tad above average' at best. It's still a good run. Look at the names on the Colorado team.

Not putting down our home town team, but they need more talent if they want to win the cup. Scoring has always been their downfall.

Go PENS!!! ;\)

Never put on a pair of skates, but I can see a huge difference in how the wild run a pp vs. other teams. I understand Jocks philosophy, but every other team in the league scores pp goals off rebounds and shots in the crease, we score them on slap shots. Very frustrating to me.

Quote:
I understand Jocks philosophy, but every other team in the league scores pp goals off rebounds and shots in the crease, we score them on slap shots. Very frustrating to me.

my thoughts excatly..

Disappointing game. As someone stated, they have their work cut out for them.

Gaborik has been horrible all series. To me he has been the difference in most of the series. You can't win a cup if you have to relay on Koivu to score goals.

A hot goalie is what can take a decent team to the cup. Sad part is that if they win the series Theodore will come back to reality in the second series.

Man is it fun to watch Simon, Fedoruk and Boogaard. Just the thought of those guys on the ice makes the other team shake. I just wish someone would drop the gloves with one of them. Game 4 they should have come out swinging in the third period, take Mccloud and LaPerrier and make a statement. Instead they just wrestled a little bit and cryed because no one would fight them. It was great to see Boogaard punch Laperrier in the face with his glove on.

I hope they keep those guys for next year.

If Gaborik steps up, the wild win the series.

It has been really frustrating watching your star player in Gaborik not having any assists or goals. It's going to be tough to win Saturday night, I hope they win but I highly doubt it if Gaborik can't get his game going.

I think Gaborik should use his speed more and try to go around rather then trying to deke out 2-3 av's with the puck, drive the net. I still don't like Skoula or Hill, the kid defenseman Reick or whatever looks better then those 2. They can't clear the puck which lead to at least 1 if not 2 of the goals last night

very frustrating, especially the way Colorado's defense and goalie are playing, much then I ever thought they would...on that note, Gaborik does need to find a way to get the puck in the net, but what really surprises me is how well they are covering him, but yet no one else is open for the opportunities?

The Wild goes as Gaborik goes and hence they are down 3 - 1. Big trouble...

Originally Posted By: BigWadeS
very frustrating, especially the way Colorado's defense and goalie are playing, much then I ever thought they would...on that note, Gaborik does need to find a way to get the puck in the net, but what really surprises me is how well they are covering him, but yet no one else is open for the opportunities?

Very well stated!!

T0 thats probably a typo but were down 3-2 in the series. Wild came back from down 3-1 before twice in the same year so they still have a chance and I am not giving up all hope. So frusterating to be losing this series right now.

I don't think you can win a series without gaborik scoring a POINT!

I don't think you can win a series when you score only 1 1st and 2nd period goal.

Wild need to beat them 4-0 or 4-1 in there building to do to them what they did to us and take this momentum back. How fired up will that X be for a game 7???