• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

st. croix walleye

wolkie

This year especially there will be walleye near the spawning grounds, so look for areas with more flow and hard bottoms with sand and gravel. Unfortunately, walleyes maybe in many depths on opener and aren't in one range. I have caught them in six feet and 38. The deep water is the exception, though if you wanted to target a range on the lower St. Croix 16 to 19 is good.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandmannd

• GoggleEye

• BigWadeS

• Fisherman For a Lifetime

Leave it to Turk to turn this thread back into what it was supposed to be. I was enjoying the read. Though this year, I might have to hop in someones boat on the croix and chase some eyes. My little boat doesn't match up well with the big boats out there. Couple times out there I was almost swamped and the people I brought out, will not go out there with me anymore. They say I am too crazy in the boat, but I don't like going alone. I don't think I have fished solo in the boat in probably 4 years.

I fish solo most all of the time, hard to get people to be able to commit!!

You're welcome in my boat - keep in touch......

I am open most week nights, could usually make it out there by 5:30, sometimes earlier. I seem to come down with a case of one of those fish viruses on occasion though. I tell the boss I ate some infected fish and have to go home, and head to the water to punish the infected's relatives.

Aah yes, the dreaded fish virus. Seems that it tends to peak in the spring with reoccurrent outbreaks throughout the summer and fall and then again there seems to be a peak again at first ice and throughout the winter months. I am going to be looking shallow this spring, say in the 1-7' range for my spring eyes. Then once the sun comes up a bit, I'll slide into some deeper water and work that over for awhile. Gotta love the river, it won't be long now.

Tunrevir~

Sure. we'll figure out what works! My boat info is in the tagline, there's plenty of room...

Tom, always welcome to tag along in my boat as well. Keep in touch with me.

I just sold my boat last night and will be upgrading to a 16 or 17 footer. I can't wait to get out on the croix a lot more this year. You guys are always welcome to hop in with me also. I fish solo 95% of the time and always welcome a partner, unless you have been eating beans and broccoli all day! grin.gif

GE

Originally Posted By: "another IT GUY"
Sam call me! email is down....

With a name like another IT GUY, aren't you supposed to be able to fix that? J/K

Sam, you're shoppin' for a new boat? That's always exciting! Enjoy.

That's awesome, glad so many are looking -- as Shane can attest to I am (when available) looking to get out with a boater! grin.gif

Yep Don, I am looking to finally upgrade to something I won't be thrown around in!! I am going to get something with a double console and full windshield for fishing the likes of Mille lacs, URL, Rainy, Kab, LOTW, etc. I can't wait! grin.gif

GE

GoogleEye,

May I suggest what I have? I highly recommend it - it's great for all our waters! See my tagline...

That sounds like a great boat FFL. Sam, if you get something that size would be cool. Let me know when you head to Mille Lacs with it, I'd go in on gas with you. I get a little tossed around in my 16.5 foot.

Sounds like plenty of guys that fish the river pretty frequently. I haven't really fished the river over there much. But I really am looking forward to getting out there some this summer. Would love to get out and fish with a few more FMers. Every one that I have met so far has been great to fish with, and I can't really imagine any that I wouldn't like to fish with. People are always welcome in my boat, its just hard to find the space to fish everyone.

Yep, every guy I met on FM has been great...

Now, let's get this ice MELTED & get out !!!

Don- You will be welcome in my boat anytime!! We have to get out to square this summer and hit up those rainbows!

FFL- That sounds like a pretty nice rig! Don't know if I can afford something that nice, but I am hoping to purchase something newer for the first time in my life. The boat I just sold was a 1962 seamaid 14 foot aluminum and she wasn't pretty, but she did serve her purpose.

Shane- I will definitely let you know when I am heading up to Mille Lacs, I will probably be up there quite a bit in the spring, summer, and fall. Most times I have been up there though, your boat would have done just fine. There are some days though that you would need an ocean cruiser for old ML!!

GE

Originally Posted By: Fisherman For a Lifetime
Yep, every guy I met on FM has been great...

Have you met Croixeyes?

Originally Posted By: GoggleEye
Shane- I will definitely let you know when I am heading up to Mille Lacs, I will probably be up there quite a bit in the spring, summer, and fall. Most times I have been up there though, your boat would have done just fine. There are some days though that you would need an ocean cruiser for old ML!!

GE

You just have to remember it's "3 miles that way" so many circles in those waves that day

Originally Posted By: BigWadeS
 Originally Posted By: GoggleEye

GE

You just have to remember it's "3 miles that way" so many circles in those waves that day

Yea Wade, woulda helped if the Scarecrow wasn't trying to point us directions. Can't believe the dudes we bumped into up there.

Hey mister lawn chair man, "O"yes I went there!!! \:D The opener is right around the corner Okay Shane, so are we going to play bumper boats, what stretch of the croix are you planning to be on? Just think on the opener you will have a clean slate, and the lawn chair will only be a memory that is unless you put another in the boat but what are the odds, chances are if wades in the boat your odds should impove. cool.gif

Ha, thanks for bring that back Walli. I'll be out of the bluffs, we'll have to meet up. Seems the only time I see fish is when you're bringing them in. I'll probably have bigwad and/or kingfisher with me as well. Can't wait for opener.

you just never know what shane is going to bring up out of the water............ It's always an interesting day on the water (or ice) when you're out with shane. Or to Fleet Farm for that matter.

Shane-

I'm still laughing about Lizzy being all over me at Fleet Farm and Menards. My Liz still doesn't fully believe that she wanted me to hold her instead of you. Not that you minded that any.