• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SYLVIA BITE

Are you guys still finding worms in the fish? Also, I have another question. On my gps it shows the lake I live on as Twin Lake. I was told it is Sylvia does anyone know whether the lakes have been combined or if in fact they are still two lakes or any further information?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noodlerod

• bassNspear

• mike morris

• sid0120

It is still the same body of water connected by a channel. The two bodies of water used to be called different names though; Sylvia and Twin. They have combined the names of the lake now, though, and it is now East and West Sylvia. West Sylvia is what used to be called Twin.

the boy and i were out last on friday and kept enough of the bigger sunnies for a family meal . I found 2 fish with the little yellow worms,I think a couple in one fillet and 1 in another. It seems to me It depends on what part of either lake your on , some spots have wormier fish than others. they still taste mighty fine to me, just pick out the couple of worms you might find..

Thats weird that the sunnies have worms. All the years that i have been out there, never see that happen. Really weird for these two lakes.

ya I just started to notice it the last couple or three years in the sunnies, I've seen it in the walleyes for 15 years or more , especialy in the west lake.. does anyone know where there from?

The ice is getting poor !!!!! I would not recomend driving through the narrows any more theres a big bad spot on the west end !!!!! If I hade to guess I'd say we lost a third of the ice this past week... wheelers and foot travel only, but thats just my opinion..The main lake on both lakes have plenty of ice almost 3' , but shore lines and early ice bad spots are getting nasty..

so what your saying is we are getting closer to ice out every day. thats a good thing to hear.

So now that I find out I live on west sylvia or "twin" lake down on 55th st nw north of french lake auto where would I go from where I am at to find the "town" of fisherman? How far via lke travel and if I take my 4-wheeler is it safe?

the lake is safe yet for wheeler & foot travel , it has been kinda quit since the snow , that said take yer wheeler scout around abit you'll see where the fishing is taking place. follow the tracks in the snow , you will not find towns of fisherman but rather lil pods.. like I said do some scouting , half the fun of fish'n is the scouting..

this is the last lake to open, it always has ice way late into spring.

are ya gonna make it out before the ice is gone ? I AM TALKING SLABS AND BULL GILLS....

hows the access ? does anyone know ? I heard it was not very good ! I have not been down there since I quit driving out!!!

confused.gif Of course I meant the only public access !!! the other two you are talking about are private .. the north bay access should be shut down shortley , Bill usaully closes it this time of year cuz some $#@ tears the #$%@ out of it , besides theres no parking on the road . the other one yer taking about is on the east lake I'm sure ? that also is private , you can drive on and off there but no parking allowed !!! And for your info there are close to a dozen other spots like this also !! I myself am fortunate enough to have permission on several of the so called hotspots to park and walk out !! I was just wondering when the access was gonna be shot as to keep the riff raff off the lake (J.K.) so us locals can fish in peace!!!!!

They are private, but they allow fishermen to get out on them obviously.

Bill's access is obviously closed to vehicles. But you can still squeeze out with a wheeler. I'm fortunate enough to live close so I can just drive the wheeler right down there.

A dozen other spots? There are probably about 200 other ones. They're called houses with lake shore ;\)

It's a matter of knowing someone, and apparently you do know someone.

You seem upset. What's the deal bud?

sorry you got that impression ! I'm not upset at all , I was just wondering about the public access like I said ? I'll just take a drive tomarrow and check it out , no problem ! The dozen other spots ( give or take a couple) I refered to are drivable accesses (small private landings) that have been there the 30+ years I've fished the lakes ! and like I said I'm very fortunate and very , very thankfull I have several spots where I can park and walk out , It makes it so nice early ice and late ice..

is there still a bite going on sylvia havent been there for a few weeks any info would be great. Thinking of my be heading that way this weekend just wondering if its worth my drive.

Getting tough to get onto the lake. I've already personally shut down my ice fishing season.

the bite was excellant up until wed pm , thats the last I was out !! look'n for some warm weather the begining of the week to melt the snow cover then it should pick up again . I myself think i'll be able to get out well into the next weekend but then again my wife thinks I've got a few screws lose. LOL