• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

KG243

mwodziak i think the above ice conditions are as good of a report as you are going to get until after this weekend.

I will be up on friday sun up to sun down in qwest for my first laker and of course some rainbow for the grill!

pipestonestraw

SSminner---Some pointers would be great, I will be up there with about eight guys-- a black frabil house cabin style---two flip over houses, and a homemade house.....

Good luck, see ya up there

Jari Razskazoff

Its gonna be as crowded as bald eagle this weekend it sounds like... should be a great time.. i'll be with the ssminner...

KG243

I will be where the fish are!!!

Neiko

Is it safe to park at the access and take the snowmobile out from there where the creek goes into the lake? Planning on heading out Sunday.

BRULEWADER

Personally i get on in front of the red barn this early in the year. Ill be getting set up around 6:30 tomorrow morning. ill be in a older black polar sport with a yellow roof somewhere on the north end, good luck.

Neiko

Where can a guy park a 2 place trailer there though?

BRULEWADER

off the road just up the hill from the red barn the road is wide enough.

Jari Razskazoff

we just got off, there looks to be about 8 inches of ice, with 3-4 inches of frozen slush. Got one brown, and 5 smelt, all in about 37ft of water. No lakers for ssminner in 68ft of water from 3-530.... back at it tomorrow morning, in three blue fishtraps.... see ya then. swing on thru, hot grill for waterbrats.

fishwater

How much snow was on top of it all? My buddy said there was almost a foot over most of the lake. Anyone going to be fishing Monday? Thanks for the reports guys.

Jari Razskazoff

There is about 8-12 inches of snow on top of it all... it would be a hay-day for a sled, but tough for a 4wheeler without chains... I wish i could stay up for MLK day, but i gots ta workey-work at my J.O.B.............................

KG243

I was out there Friday and caught two browns and had a couple of huge rainbows but they woud only gum my bait and never swalowed the hook. I would have probably moved around more but my brand new auger broke... kind of [PoorWordUsage] me off! I cant wait to get up there again. There was a total of 13" with only 6" being clear and the top 7" was white ice. And there was only 4" maybe 6" at the most that I saw. There was some idiot that went full bore out into the middle of the lake with a full size truck, pretty mucha idiot if you ask me!

Neiko

What do you use for Browns and Rainbows? I never tried fishing for them before. What are the limits for them also?

KG243

I used crappie minnows as far as the imits do you think you could look in the regs ike everyone else does so you are responsible for your self. Do you reay want to trust someone you dont even know and then go out and they are wrong and you have more then you are supposed too and then Mr. CO shows up! Trust me just ook in the book, you should have one with you when fishing anyways.

Neiko

I will OOK in the book. I already have too much stuff with me to carry the regs also. Got to draw the line somewhere. Don't plan on catching my limit anyway.

JBMasterAngler

Limit is 1 per season grin

MOBY RICHARD*
laughlaughlaugh Since we need to bring Lawyers with to understand all the rules, who needs or has room for the Regs...

JBMasterAngler

Yeah, it's a new experimental regulation on grindstone...it's not in the books, so don't look! Trust me, it went into affect this year wink

Neiko

Well if I catch 2 I am going to keep them anyways so don't turn me in. wink

mwodziak

I'm curious how the laker fishing has been. Any word?

Neiko

Well we were out there until 12 and only caught 1 smelt. Alot of people were fishing right off the shore. I am guessing they were fishing for Browns and Rainbows? The wind picked up and we decided to do some snowmobiling instead.

pipestonestraw

I was up there all weekend drove on the lake up to about 60 feet of water full sized truck pretty safe

magic_minnow

pipe:

how many inches would you say?

BRULEWADER

i found spots with as little as 4 inches of good clear ice(with about 6-10 inches of cloudy white ice). wont catch me with in a full size truck anytime soon.

MuntzAngling

According to the CO, fishing was far better on opening day. Apparently the pressure didn't help fishing after. I can say that the trout seemed hard to find on the electronics, but the two lakers I caught were visible on the graph first. Also got a 3 lb pike and about 8 smelt that were tasty for breakfast. I was pestered by small perch too.

So what's the deal with the shacks right next to shore. Is this where to find the streamers?