• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grindstone Lake Fishing Reports

leech,you will know her by her 1 tooth and she was asking a lot of question that normally only a warden or someone working with a warden would ask.

Very friendly though I didn't have enough room in my spear shack for her but she sat in my buddies watching him spear and chatting for a while till he ran out of propane and needed to grab another 1 pound tank.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Up were we use to Deer hunt we had a lady like that which lived down the road from the people we stayed with. She would walk up and down the dirt road which each house was about a mile away in a big brown coat! shocked Then every once in a while she would just walk into their house when we were having dinner. She never caused any issues but we always worried that we would find her laying shot on the road someday. frown

We were icefishing out with about 7inches of ice and some lady like that drove up in a silverado and was talking to us but she seen the ice thickness and she left. But she stopped like 10 feet away and made a ton of noise

... she was asking a lot of question that normally only a warden or someone working with a warden would ask.

Here I thought maybe she selling her "wares". shocked

Was anyone else out today and have a odd visit with a lady? After she left us she drove to every occupied house on the north end. –Archerysniper

Once in a while she'll pop out telling people to get out of her SMELT hole, especially during the evenings -johnsville

I have been out there a few times a year and never met this person. What does she talk to you about? Is she friendly or just tells you to get the heck off? - leech~~

leech,you will know her by her 1 tooth. Very friendly though I didn't have enough room in my spear shack for her but she sat in my buddies watching him spear and chatting for a while till he ran out of propane and needed to grab another 1 pound tank.

That pic is close but that one has more teeth then the lady I had the pleasure meeting. And she was driving a green silverado and did drive a circle around my house within 4 feet of running my house over.

Don I was kind of thinking the same thing she reminded me of some of the ladies I run into downtown.

Anybody out fishing out on Grindstone have an up to date ice report? Anybody driving trucks out there yet?

I was their on Wed. We had a lot of ice where we cut our spear holes on the north side. I don't know about the rest of the lake however. And yes people are driving out.

Thinking about starting a GrindStone GTG post for Fed 9th. I think Rinehard1 maybe with his brats again. smile

keep an eye out at the public landing, there was standing water coming from the creek friday night and saturday morning.

A buddy of mine just said new rule as of yesterday that you now can't keep smelt. He went to the local baitshop and he was told this.

Never heard of this and never knew there was a regulation on Grindstone in regards to smelt. Just wanted to bring my 3yr old son fishing up north. Any thoughts/confirmation?

Pretty sure you can not keep them to use as bait, but I'm sure they would like people to take as many out of the lake as they can since they are non-native fish! wink

Cvng23... I think someone is just feeding you talk!! No such thing on smelt. My opinion is that someone doesn't want your business at their bait shop. And I have heard of talk about a said 'crazy old homeless looking lady' yelling at folks out there.

Hit the Grinder today and only managed two smelt.The ice was 18" to 20" where I was fishing but caution is still needed as mentioned above because there are areas with standing water at the p.a. and jusr south of the red barn access.

thinking of heading up tomorrow. what areas do I need to look out for? and what do you guys normaly use for smelt and rainbows. also wondering where the smelt would be this time of year?

Report from last night til noon today. Got some smelt and a bonus rainbow in 3 ft of water near shoreline. Smelt can be found anywhere in 30-80 ft of water suspended by the northeast bay "Smelt Hole". Bait for smelt can be anything you have fishing panfish. Trout can be spoons tip with minnow heads and/or waxies/spikes or a minnow/bobber set right under ice. Early morning today was fun sight fishing smelt right under ice hole and for the trout same thing by shore. Caught a few dink sunnies too. We access on ice thru boat launch so watch out for creek coming into lake on right side as you enter. Just follow tracks and you'll be fine. Another access is "The Red Barn" on the north west side of lake as I don't know the condition of it but seen tracks out from there too. Good Luck as this lake is not easy to fish as you might think.

Hit up the north end of the lake, look for the village of houses/holes/or trash left behind by unsportsman like folks. Go small if your going after smelts, they are there but they are not very active good luck out there.

Thanks for the info. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so If its really slow i can alwasys take a walk and pick up some of the trash if its not covered by snow. And I have definitely been a victim of the grind just never on the ice. She can be a cold hearted beast.

Yea I was surprise by how much trash left out there already. How hard is it to pick your trash back wit you. mad...If it were the opposite, I wish they (trash-heads) would leave their ice equipment behind like if they were leaving their trash behind!!! I would be glad to pick up after them any day!!!

Does anybody know want happened to Reinhart ? He would be posting like crazy on this thread.
He is around. He maybe at the GTG Feb 9th.

Does anybody know want happened to Reinhart ? He would be posting like crazy on this thread.

If I were to guess, he got fed up with the people attacking him about realeasing some of their favorite fishing spots.

Just a guess.

I think max power is right on with this one. i've seen his posts on other forums recently. I sure hope that lady doesnt come find me next time im out there!

Yea I was surprise by how much trash left out there already. How hard is it to pick your trash back wit you. mad...If it were the opposite, I wish they (trash-heads) would leave their ice equipment behind like if they were leaving their trash behind!!! I would be glad to pick up after them any day!!!

Yes, to the one group that drove a dark blue silverado and grey 2004's highlander who was in the blue clam 1550 on Sat... I still have your bag of garbages if you still want it back, or maybe if I see you all again ill hand deliver it to you. Just letting everyone who's out there please pick up after yourself, if you like fishing this lake, please respect it for you and the future of your kids. With all the garbages being left behind, I sometimes wish they would close it down!

write down their plate number and call the co, he will take care of it real quick and put some money into the fisheries

write down their plate number and call the co, he will take care of it real quick and put some money into the fisheries

+1 chances are you will never see them again

Made it out today, the lake didn't look too bad but the snow covering it most likely had something to so with that. Sat most of the day with no action until just before sunset, then the smelt finally started moving. Thanks again to the guys set up next to us for the tips definitely helped. Only put 6 on the ice but for my first time ice smelt'n Ill take it as a win.