• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clemens

bassNspear

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
I know, especially when he could have his pick of 18+ year old women who are much hotter.

AGREED. I can't even remember what she looked like back then, but shes scary ugly now. And kinda big. I bet he wishes he woulda stayed retired the FIRST time now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• Scott K

• PierBridge

its just getting out of hand everyday.

Seems like more and more keeps coming up!

The worse thing he ever did was sue McName for defamation, now Roger's attorneys are begging him to drop the suit before Brian reveals more of Roger's dark secrets to the press.

Yup,

The more you pick at a scab the more of the deep wound you see!

We will see the scary bad side of the ole Rocket, couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Dig up all the dirt you can, gang!

Windy

Did you hear...Roger clemens got a little [PoorWordUsage] on his hand when he was wiping his butt today?

Can we put the issue to rest...my goodness!

• 1 month later...

Filing claims syringes will test positive for Clemens' DNA

Lester Munson, ESPNews

Tests of syringes and other steroid paraphernalia that trainer Brian McNamee submitted to federal agents will test positive for Roger Clemens' DNA, according to a brief filed in court by McNamee's lawyers.

Although there has been considerable speculation about the materials McNamee submitted to federal agent Jeff Novitzky in January, his attorneys had refused to discuss them publicly until the filing of the brief.

The brief, in support of McNamee's attempt to obtain an early dismissal of a defamation case Clemens filed against him or have the case moved to New York, was filed in court on Tuesday.

The paraphernalia, including syringes and bloodied gauze pads, "will test positive for Clemens's DNA," the brief asserts. "Once the DNA results are revealed, there will be little dispute about who is telling the truth."

E-mail and voice mail messages left Thursday for Clemens' lead attorney, Rusty Hardin, and two other lawyers in Hardin's office were not immediately returned.

At the time the existence of the evidence became public, Clemens' lawyers claimed it was "manufactured."

McNamee's attorney, Richard Emery, said McNamee kept the items -- dating to 2000 or 2001 -- because he "had this inkling and gut feeling that he couldn't trust Roger and better keep something to protect himself in the future."

Clemens claims in his lawsuit that McNamee defamed him with false allegations that McNamee injected Clemens with HGH and steroids, as part of his testimony to Congress and in the Mitchell report on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

The case originally was filed in Texas state court and was shifted in February to the U.S. District Court in Houston.

McNamee wants the case dismissed or transferred from Houston to New York. Emery argues that federal agents and a congressional committee have determined that McNamee has been truthful.

Emery's defense also relies heavily on statements from Clemens' former teammates Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch that confirmed what McNamee said about them and their use of performance-enhancing drugs.

It is anticipated that U.S. District Judge Keith P. Ellison in Houston will rule on McNamee's motions in August or September.

McNamee's lawyers first tried to dismiss the case in early March. When Clemens' lawyers responded on May 27, they added a new claim of "intentional infliction of emotional distress" and two additional claims of defamation.

In the latest filing, McNamee's lawyers said New York has the most interest in this lawsuit and that many of the potential witnesses reside in New York. McNamee claims no defamation took place and that it would be a burden for him to defend the case in Texas. According to the filing, McNamee earned only about $3,000 between January and June of this year.

McNamee also claims that he is immune from defamation because he made his comments to former Sen. George Mitchell, who led baseball's probe into performance-enhancing drug use, at the behest of federal prosecutors.

I'm confused. Will this "evidence" even matter since it never went through the proper chain of command? Seems a little fishy to me...

It's a civil case.

You can kiss Clemen's bogus law suit against McNamee good bye if this is true!