• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Green Bay!

Nate McVey

Yeah, it'll take a miracle for the Pack to beat the Patriots. Hey, maybe Brady will take Jessica Simpson out for dinner and he and Ruomo will get in a fight and Brady will break his right wrist.

Sure. Right.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• zamboni

• Hammer Handle

• Steve Foss

if the packers and the patriots both win, then it will be a rematch of SB 31. and who won that game? the Packers!! \:D

I am a Vikings fan, and not a Packers fan.....

But, with the Vikings out and the Packers in...I have to root for our Division and our Packers.

I love the rivalry, but when one team is out...why not root for the other? There are many football fans like me, although I see it rarely amoung Packer fans.

Anyone, I hope the Packers win it all...but it will be tough this week. The Giants play better away than at home, so they will be tough!

I would like to see Moss and Owens never get a SB ring. Owens is out again...one more to go.

KFAN pointed out that it could be Moss and Maroney that beat the Packers in the Super Bowl. Packers or Vikes. Minnesota or Wisconsin. Ford or Chevy. I'm sure KFAN's comment is like adding gas to a fire.

Has anybody heard the nickname that that the Boys fans have given to Jessica Simpson. "Yoko Romo", I thought that was pretty clever. grin.gif

It should be a good tilt this Sunday, Go Pack.

I think both Grant and Favre will have very good game's. Grant will be running up and down the field scoring td's, Giants will be wondering why they ever let that guy go. Favre will have a good game and the defense will be all over Manning and their offense. GO PACK!!!

The giants will pound away with Jacobs in the first half and Bradshaw will break a big one in the 2nd half.

I'm going to go out on a limb here with a prediction: The game will be won by a team of human beings. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist stealing a line from one of Dan Jenkins' sports novels.

The cold will make it very hard on both teams, but I think the Pack has the overall edge. I'm not even going to try to pick a score.

Go Pack! Oh, and during those years the Pack were out of the playoff picture early I always rooted for the Vikes and even (gasp!) the Bears. I agree with rooting for the division when your own team is down.

So you were actually disappointed when the falcons beat the vikings? I would have thought every packer fan was laughing after that game.

I was to busy collecting my $20 from my bet that the queens wouldn't make it to the Superbowl when they lost that game! grin.gif

james, I wouldn't say I was disappointed. I don't care for either team, but I'd rather have seen the Vikes win than the Falcons.

When the Pack isn't winning the division, I will root for the other division teams as well. Just much quieter.

Yeah, the Vikes vs the Broncos would have made for a great offensive showdown that year.

I've a Vikes fan, but more importantly I'm a fan of football. I like the old school mentality that goes with the Pack and Lambeau Field, so that's who I'm cheering for. Plus I can't stand Eli Manning. \:\)

I'm a vikes fan but with only four teams left and our neighboring state one of them, I'll put apart my fudes and be rooting for The pack this weekend. I'd love to see Bret make it there again!

brett favre at qb, a hard running running back wearing #25, and a heisman bust from the university of michigan returning punts. sounds familiar ;\)cool.gif

Quote:
and a heisman bust from the university of michigan returning punts.

Although I love that history seems to be repeating itself, I wouldn't call either of them a bust (but that could be the Wolverines fan in me).

As far as rooting for another NFC team, I will root for all of them except for the Bears. That rivalry is too deep!

It went through Green Bay alright and the Giants just made a quick stop on their way to it! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Well, the pass interception put Favre in the record book.

The Giants gave them every chance to win, but the Pack could not get it done.

A few incerceptions looked really bad. Yes, it was cold and the ball hard...but why loft it on a prayer then?

I think Farve is getting off too easy. The last pick was just one of many poorly thrown balls. He had a two picks and probably should/could have had 5. If you take away the blown coverage and incredible run on Driver's TD his stats are 18-34 for 146 yards. Tough night to throw the ball but if you are the Brett Favre of legend and the legend is accurate, you can't get outplayed by the supposedly weak minded, mentally fragile Eli Manning.

I don't think we saw the last of him and he will be back next year and he will play at a high level, but he is too good to play the way he did last night regardless of the weather or offense being run.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
Vikings fans = Classless!

Why? Because we like to see the Pack lose? Is it because we are throwing a few jabs and trash talk.

Should we go back and find some or your NDSU/Gopher posts and see if you took the high road with each and every post.

Double standard?

Why do you say that? I was pulling for the Pack (as a Vikings fan).

The Giants did give the Pack a lot of chances to win...but they just couldn't do it. Favre threw a bad interception and the Giants fumbled right away. That was a huge break for the Pack, not to mention many others. The Pack did ok, but not that great.

Wow, if you think we are classless...cross the fence for one year....

No problem.

I don't know many Packers Fans that will root for the Vikings if they were in it.

It was a fun game to watch though, but that is hard to see when the Pack lost. Kept you on your toes the whole game. May be one of the best games to see all year.

I was hard to watch. I was sleepy and that game put me to sleep. Especiall the fourth quater. Caught the replays on ESPN and two missed feilgoals? There shouldn't have been an OT.