• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have been there and on Fountain and I must not be doing anything right either. Today I went north and at least seen that the fish finder still works, that is a relief anyways. I would still like to catch some though. You guys going to the big contest this weekend? I hope they have a good turnout.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrappiesNCats

• norwall

• morefishplease

• wanger29

There is an awfull lot of winter yet to be experiencing low oxegen levels already. Doesn't sound too good down there...again!

I have been there and on Fountain and I must not be doing anything right either. Today I went north and at least seen that the fish finder still works, that is a relief anyways. I would still like to catch some though. You guys going to the big contest this weekend? I hope they have a good turnout.

Welcome to FM also. No contest for me, it sounds like it might be warmer out this weekend so I'm planning on hitting a few locations on the lake that have prevailed in the past.....hopefully prevail again.

The oxegn may be low but the fish are stacking up. Latly it seems they go on a 2 hour feed once or twice a day. You have to be there during lunch hour or forget it. This sure would be a shame to die off. Just my 2 cents after 20hr of fishing this weekend.

I stopped down by the china resturant today.. so far all thats in the open water down there is a ton of huge carp... even seen a huge Koi down there with the carp.....

I actually caught a fish yesterday. Woo Hoo Granted it was a 6 inch walleye, but it broke a LONG dry spell. Hit so light my spring bobber barely twitched. Other then that little guy, the pattern continues. Marking loads and loads of fish, but they just won't hit. I must be missing most of lunch hour. lol

I finally got out yesterday for a few hours midday, not a bite, Oh well nice to get out though. might try it today again. Good Luck

Has any one herd any recent o2 levels. Just woundering how fast they are droping from last weekend. Thanks to all that are doing the work out there.

I stopped down by the china resturant today.. so far all thats in the open water down there is a ton of huge carp... even seen a huge Koi down there with the carp.....

this sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.

Took the o2 level late last week and it was around 3.23mg/l in the channel.Marked and had alot of lookers but no takers,was just using fattys and spoons,should of went smaller might of did better maybe?Will test again today and let you know how it goes.Good luck!

Thanks for the up-date on the O2 levels. Anyone catching anything?? The times i fished it this winter it was slow. i did mark a bunch... with no luck. Did u test the O2 levels today??? Hopefully they don't get any lower! warmer weather in the forcast. do u think they will make the winter??

Fished the lake east of the interstate 35 bridge this weekend. Nothing at all. Was another group out there that had the same results. Did see a ton of people in the channel, don't know if they were catching anything or if it was just packed due to the nice weather. Believe it or not I did see about 6-8 people open water fishing in the channel by the dam in town on Sunday. Deek thanks for the update, keep us posted as usual.

I fished the channel a couple of weeks ago. marked a bunch but nothing biting. i think the low O2 levels are messing with us. Hopefully we don't have a fish kill. little early to be open water fishing??

Was there on Sunday and fished from 8am-2pm, lots of perch on the camera and a few bullheads and carp, guessing i could see only 3-4ft in front of the camera, did see a few walters but could not trigger a bite

Regarding o2 levels; I talked with Dan Conradt earlier today and he'd mentioned that he's looking into this for a possible upcoming news story. He's got it on the backburner til Friday due to the Watershed Committee conducting a meeting on that day. What he finds out I will share as well as direct all if an actual story's done.

I was hoping that this wouldnt make the news, im not ready for my first TV appearance.

DO levels were checked on AL on Monday and in some spots it gained a point from previous samples. It is still around the 3-4 range. Fountain Lake has been very similar to AL, holding about .5-1 point higher. My plan is to cover Fountain again next week.

The watershed and the MNDNR remain optimistic for the two lakes. We lost some snow this last weekend and we will lose more this weekend, with high's in the mid 40's. The melt-off should get some more water flowing through the lakes, which we desperately need.

Thanks for the report Deke .keep them coming if ya get time,much appreciated. Fished last Sat for 2 hrs and didnt have ant luck. Does any one know what or if there catching anything in the channel as its really packed in there ? I've heard nothings being caught but when I drive by theres tons of cars n people?

I was out yesterday afternoon had a few lookers on the vex. caught 1 perch about 9-10" my very first fish from this area. I'm going to try it there later this after noon. can't wait to get a walleye or two. good luck!

Can anyone tell what the depth range is in the channel. I was showing 5' at the bottom of the ice

I was out yesterday afternoon had a few lookers on the vex. caught 1 perch about 9-10" my very first fish from this area. I'm going to try it there later this after noon. can't wait to get a walleye or two. good luck!

Can anyone tell what the depth range is in the channel. I was showing 5' at the bottom of the ice

holes max at 8' depth varies from 4-7 with most water being 5-6 foot deep

Check o2 levels lastnight newyork point was 1.10mg/l, the channel was 3.26mg/l and even ran over to fountain, edge water bridge 1.90 mg/l. dosn,t look good hope and pray for warm weather. Also looked at the dam and noticed lots of fish from eyes to carp. Sorry for the bad news.

I noticed that there are a couple guys out on Fountain right now drilling holes on the lake doing some research. I saw there van at the boat landing, but couldnt make out what it said on the door. So if there are some sort of officals out there testing, it must be bad... Darn it thats horrible.

I used a flash light last night standing on the bridge and you could see all the orange eyes swimming around looked like a strind of christmas lights. also lots of carp.

Yeah it can be tough to tell. I do know that carp's eyes glow well too under light.

l_913734c751ea49cb87d271c5a4c69109.jpg

Please Note: This is not Albert Lea. This pic was taken early December. It is for example only.

Those are some dangerously low levels,hopefully this warm weather burns off the snow and gets water running!...Long live AL LAke! sure would be a shame to have a winterkill!! thnks to all for the testing reports.Keep em coming boys.much appreciated info