• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mitchell Report

Scott M

Anybody interested in what this report will say or who it will name?

I'll check to see who's on there for Big Names or A.L. Central Division names and that's about it.

Sadly, little will change in baseball as a result of the findings until there is a new commissioner.

I am very interested in seeing what its all about. I wont be able to watch it, becuase i am at work, but i think its going to be something that might change baseball

It's funny that Selig gets rebuttal time after the report, like a political debate. Jeez, just admit it, punish the offenders and move on.

Windy

Well, I see we have our first big name in Roger Clemens. His personal trainer said that he gave Roger steroids when he played with the Yankees. This might be the biggest name od all unless A-Rod gets named.

What could the end result be other than to brand the players as cheats.

From what I'm hearing, baseball, the commissioner and the union will be hammered for knowing about the banned drug use and allowing it to continue.

I just read that on Yahoo.com. I bet there are going to be some big names on this list and I can't wait to see it. Here is a question, other than Rincon getting busted last year do you think there are going to be any Twins players on this list??

David Arias might pop up on that list. There may be a reason he has flourished so much in Boston. Maybe Mary Cordova, tyring to think of other guys that have had a couple good years then fell off. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our pitchers from the past, maybe present on the list. Just hope it ain't Johan, he will lose trade value if he is.

The way it sounds, the Skankees have a team full of juicers which we all already knew. Giambi, A-rod, Clemens(everyone knew this one, who can still pitch as well as he does at 45 or whatever he is), hopefully they nail all the cheaters to the wall.

As much as the names of players is important, the entire report should (but won't) take center stage.

We all know roids are huge in MLB. So are the cover ups. Expose the truth, punish the offenders, and lets move on and play some baseball.

Like stated, however, until Selig is gone nothing will change. By the time the players union, congress, the owners, and the commish actually agree there is bad ju-ju happening we will be into the next century.

This came off of a yankees message board as a leaked list. Not sure how accurate but....

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Bar ry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton B radley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozz ie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Fr anklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Jua n Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gon zalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Ma rk McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott S c hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Te j ada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood

I brought this up to a cousin of mine when this stuff first came out. A name that wouldn't suprise me. Can you think of a Twin that came up and hit two or three home runs for a couple of years, then popped off something like 27 and kept that up for the rest of his career? Did some pretty incredible bulking up in those first years? Could this have had something to do with his death? Just thinking with my keyboard.

Chuck Knoblauch is listed. More likely he started when he was traded to the Yanks than when he was a Twin.

When he went to the Yanks his highest HR total's were in 98 & 99. 98 he hit 17 hr's and 99 hit 18 hr's.

The one person I couldnt believe was on that list was Clemens but then again he's still pitching in his 40's. I just met him and his wife back in Nov out in Vegas at Planet Hollywood. He was one of the nicest athlete's I have ever met.

Chuck Knobla, can't thank ya enough for all the time. He tended to swing out of his shoes once he got to the Yanks.

Figures that Rondell would be implicated. There seems to be plenty of evidence that when a player gets off the juice, his body breaks down. Why the heck did it take all season to heal from a pulled muscle?

Wild,

Nice guy or not, he was one of the first guys I thought about. How can you pitch into your 40's and keep up a 90 something mph fastball? Also, somebody was intimating that Kirby Puckett may have been juicing. Can't say that it does not fit the M.O. I guess nice guys can break the rules too, these things were not really known as bad back then and I guess some of the guys would do anything to keep on top of their games. Not saying that Kirby did, but I can see it fitting the mold, same as Rocket. Sad day in baseball, makes our old hero's even better, Hank Aaron etc.

Windy

Quote:

How can you pitch into your 40's and keep up a 90 something mph fastball?

When you have the mechanics of Nolan Ryan who was 46 when he retired.

I was thinking the same thing about Nolan Ryan.....that he still threw the ball hard as a 40 something....

I would put Nolan in the old school heros catagory with Hammerin Hank. Rocket gets thrown into the pile of "better living thru chemistry" pile.

Windy

Nolan was in ALOT better shape than "Skidmark" (sorry, movie Kingpin reference there). Hey Windy- remember what happened when old Robin Ventura though he could beat up an old man? As far as Knoblauch, maybe steroids has a side effect that makes throwing the ball 20 feet accurately impossible, I don't know. Didn't he break someones wifes nose after an overthrow to first base?

One more name I noticed on there, one person I seen the change firsthand, was Jeremy Giambi. When I lived in Kansas City, he was relatively thin, after he left the Royals, he started bulking up- big time

One thing to remember is that people use roids not only to bulk up but also to extend a fading career. That's where guys like Clemens and Knoblauch come in.

Something I find interesting is that Mitchell is connected with the Red Socks and he went after the Yankees hard, especially Clemens, a former Red Sock. Coincidence? Maybe.

Nolan still through hard in his 40's but not as hard. He threw 92 instead of 99 mph. If Clemens took the same decline he would be throwing 86. Throwing hard isn't the evidence, it is the fact that he hasn't declined although he doesn't train. Do you think maybe Rocket roided up in the off season and then waited for it to clear his system before he came back which is why he only played half seasons.

Hey Windy,

You are right about nice guys breaking rules and it showed with the list that came out. With Knoblach being on that list, I wonder if the roids had anything to do with him not being able to throw the ball from 2nd to 1st?? He had so much power in those arms he kept over throwing the 1st baseman.

Another reason they roid up is to prevent injuries and quicken the healing time from injuries. As for bulking up, look at the thighs on Rocket, roids will increase many areas on the body not just the guns. And Wild, as for Knobs, you might be right, I think his jersey might have been cutting into his massive guns preventing him from making that long throw from 2nd to 1st! LOL

Windy

Another perspective on the roid situation.

Everybody is focusing on the records, homers, pitching stats, etc and debating whether they should be allowed or thrown out but think about all the players on the bubble who were cut, demoted etc at the hands of a roid rager who aced them out to make a major league roster. I am sure there are hundreds of guys out there thinking, "Hey, I played by the rules and lost out to Joe Steriod by a whisker. Those records will never show and those dollars can never be returned.Sad day indeed.

Windy

All that the report tells me is someone from the Yanks talked and that all the speculation about wide pread roid use in baseball was true. Selig did nothing and the union did nothing. It confirms a lot of peoples perception that baseball was not interested in integrity only selling seats. Football addressed steroids many years ago in effort to clean up thier image and now are a huge sports jugernaut, baseball is afraid of not enough blacks in the game and dwindling tv ratings and other problems. Duh you allowed the game to become tainted then attack Bonds because he was not liked to begin with. If you take on Clemens and the rest the way you did Bonds thenyou may get back some of the good will you lost. Face it Selig has a missed World Series, and now Steroids as his legacy maybe he better step back and let someone clean up his mess.

Quote:

Face it Selig has a missed World Series, and now Steroids as his legacy maybe he better step back and let someone clean up his mess.

dont forget getting booed out of the all star game when he cut it short.