• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yearly Attempt at a FM Metro Get-Together!

another decent idea would be spring lake down by prior. Just about every time I went out there, It would be tough not to come home with a limit of crappies. There's some good fishing on Spring, connects to Prior so there's got to be at least some quality swimming back and forth, plus it doesn't get hit as hard as prior. Who doesn't like some hard water crappies with sunnies and some other fish thrown in for good measure?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grant Pearson

• AceintheHole

• Sandmannd

• Kodiak

I'm down for about any lake you guys choose. Tonka/Prior or somewhere else we can catch some fish.

My vote is for prior. There is always something biteing there, and many times multiple species from one hole.

attempt sounds about right for this thread confused.gif .but anyway if we ever decide on somewhere on the east side my vote is for the st croix river .beautiful crappies , sauger and 3 lb silvers. plenty of room there

Quote:

attempt
sounds about right for this thread
confused.gif
.but anyway if we ever decide on somewhere on the east side my vote is for the st croix river .beautiful crappies , sauger and 3 lb silvers. plenty of room there

I'd love to head out with ya sometime and get into the silvers and crappies!!! Let me know!

the crappies are a moody fish on the croix, but if you get into them i'd put them up against red lakes anyday shocked.gif

Quote:

the crappies are a moody fish on the croix, but if you get into them i'd put them up against red lakes anyday
shocked.gif

Moody or not, decent sized crappies are fun to catch and a few are good on the table!! smile.gif

I've seen some decent onces out of bayport at times. Haven't been to Red so I can't compare them.

I'll be on Prior Friday at noon, and anyone reading this is invited to stop by. I'll probably be bringing out the Perm if the guinea pigs that had their's out last weekend are still on top of the ice. I'll print a picture of the logo and hang it on the door of a gray/white perm out from Sportsman's access on the far side of the hole. There's a weedline I'm gonna try to find that should still be green. If nothing else, a purple otter and blue 3 wheeler.

Otherwise, I'm up for anything as far as a get together goes. Tonka, Med, Prior, East side. Pick a date, and I'm there.

Down boys! Down! grin.gif

I've taken a number of things into consideration after reviewing this topic. Basically where? when? and does it work for me? grin.gif

Where? Prior Lake has definitely been the popular choice.

When? As early as possible has definitely been the theme.

When does it work for me? Not until after the New Year.

So based on that information and input from you FMers, lets do this on January 6, 2008 on Prior Lake. Sorry for picking a Sunday but there is another FM event on Jan 5 on Lake Frances in southern MN and don't want to compete with that one in case folks want to attend both.

Some of the past Metro Get-Togethers have started with breakfast at a good restaurant. If anyone is interested, I am definitely game for that. Then head to the lake and do some fishin'. Sounds like we have a few more Prior experts so finding some fish shouldn't be too difficult, eh?

If there are no objections to what I've proposed, I'll start a new topic and a roll-call. Obviously won't be able to please everbody, just hoping for a majority.

Good deal count me in AceintheHole. How about Perkins on hwy 13 ans 42. 5:30am then hit the bait shop at 6:30 that is when they open, Then meet at Sandpoint or sportsman.

Quote:

Good deal count me in AceintheHole. How about Perkins on hwy 13 ans 42. 5:30am then hit the bait shop at 6:30 that is when they open, Then meet at Sandpoint or sportsman.

I second that.

Quote:

Quote:

I second that.

And how are you planning on getting there punk?

I'm in, so I suppose I'll bring KF with me.

Quote:

And how are you planning on getting there punk?

I'm in, so I suppose I'll bring KF with me.

I can take care of myself!!! blush.gif But since you're offering ....... grin.gif

in less than 12 hours, my third child will be delivered, I will see what the boss has to say about me going fishing on that day....I can give support from here, I might have to make it early day, as in I am done at noon kind of thing....let me get through the next 2 weeks, I am a maybe, but I can help and give some ideas of places to try.......

Quote:

in less than 12 hours, my third child will be delivered, I will see what the boss has to say about me going fishing on that day....I can give support from here, I might have to make it early day, as in I am done at noon kind of thing....let me get through the next 2 weeks, I am a maybe, but I can help and give some ideas of places to try.......

Congrats on another baby!! If you can get a half day, it's better than not fishing. Just make sure she is OK with it. There's always time to fish down the road.

Quote:

congrats on number 3. I'm still learning, as I had number 1 on 11/11, but if I've learned one thing yet, it's that it's better to ask early, that way, if she says no, you still have time to butter her up and say yes. But, I'm sure you already know that. grin.gif

I'll be there. I will have the snowmobile to help get people out away from the crowds if necessary.....although by then we may be driving.

hey KF, you can take care of yourself? Better start walking on the 4th.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif just kidding, I need to start working on my kitchen pass for that day!

Quote:

lets do this on January 6, 2008 on Prior Lake.

Looks like I'm gonna miss out on this one. Unfortunately I'll be up at Devils Lake. grin.gif

Quote:

hey KF, you can take care of yourself? Better start walking on the 4th....
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif
just kidding, I need to start working on my kitchen pass for that day!

shocked.gifshocked.gif I better get started now!!! grin.gif How's the little one?

Quote:

Looks like I'm gonna miss out on this one. Unfortunately I'll be up at Devils Lake.
grin.gif

lucky you. wish I could go with. grin.gif I've got a friend up there and haven't seen him in a while. It's a great fishery, that's for sure!