• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Here cubby, cubby, cubbbies :^)

CNY Tim

Hey man,

Don't be "mackin" my avatar!!! LOL

You can find it on photobucket if you need it.

Geno, for you I will leave it up for as long as the Cubbies are in the playoffs and will leave it up until the start of spring training of next year if they win the whole enchilada......If you agree to post my lovely 05 championship ring for the same number of days if the Cubbies fail. So if they get knocked out in the first round, you would only owe me about 6 days, of course if they go the distance and lose in the seventh game of the world series on Nov. 1st then you would owe me one month of avatar payback.

DEAL OR NO DEAL???????

Windy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• CNY Tim

• PierBridge

How does that look?

Boy....it is going to be painful to watch Jacque Jones striking out at 3 pitches out of the strike zone again.

You sure have Jacque down pat, thou he will likely hit a solo HR behind 10-1 in the 8th inning. I also can't wait for Kerry Wood to pitch--- hopefully it's not in a clutch sitiuation for Cubs fans--- cause he's a living examlpe of the curse,, why they put him on the team is the curse being lived out. they were fine without him.

Hmmmmm....I'm thinkin' it over and will get back to you.

Never mind...they have 3 chances to go all the way --

slim, fat, and NONE.

Even I know when the dice are loaded against me.

And as Mud states, they do also have the curse going against them.

And like I've stated before, they are too streaky at scoring runs.

And they don't have the 4 best pitchers to ever rub the rosin.

And I REALLY would be in pain to have to post that old jewelry.

I look forward to your counter-offer.

Wow,

I finally got Geno to admit it, he has no faith in his Cubbies. I would have been all over that bet in 05 with my beloved Pale Hose. Come on Geno, sing along with me and George Michael....You gotta have Faith! Just shows the difference between Cub fans and Sox fans, and I would guess Twinkie fans as well. Come on Geno, are you a man or a mouse?

Squeek Squeek LMAO

Windy

Yeah, no confidence in how the odds are stacked and I suppose I'm just not as stupid as some fans are.

Well, let's just make a small change and see who is eating cheese -----

How confident are you? Mighty or Minnie Mouse?

I'll take the bet for a month if they don't win the WS, but you keep Cubbie avatar for a year if they do.

Now THAT is a counter-offer.

DEAL or NO DEAL?

You have to make the odds 8 to 1 (8 months)since there are 8 teams left in the playoffs and you have to commit to 1/8th of a year (6 weeks)if they lose, then we have a DEAL! But the Cub Logo comes down after this week, and only goes back up IF they seal the deal.

And here is a little song of hope for my ole buddy Geno:

A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request

by Steve Goodman (1983)

By the shore's of old Lake Michigan

Where the "hawk wind" blows so cold

An old Cub fan lay dying

In his midnight hour that tolled

Round his bed, his friends had all gathered

They knew his time was short

And on his head they put this bright blue cap

From his all-time favorite sport

He told them, "Its late and its getting dark in here"

And I know its time to go

But before I leave the line-up

Boys, there's just one thing I'd like to know

Do they still play the blues in Chicago

When baseball season rolls around

When the snow melts away,

Do the Cubbies still play

In their ivy-covered burial ground

When I was a boy they were my pride and joy

But now they only bring fatigue

To the home of the brave

The land of the free

And the doormat of the National League

Told his friends "You know the law of averages says:

Anything will happen that can"

That's what it says

"But the last time the Cubs won a National League pennant

Was the year we dropped the bomb on Japan"

The Cubs made me a criminal

Sent me down a wayward path

They stole my youth from me

(that's the truth)

I'd forsake my teachers

To go sit in the bleachers

In flagrant truancy

and then one thing led to another

and soon I'd discovered alcohol, gambling, dope

football, hockey, lacrosse, tennis

But what do you expect,

When you raise up a young boy's hopes

And then just crush 'em like so many paper beer cups.

Year after year after year

after year, after year, after year, after year, after year

'Til those hopes are just so much popcorn

for the pigeons beneath the 'L' tracks to eat

He said, "You know I'll never see Wrigley Field, anymore before my eternal

rest

So if you have your pencils and your score cards ready,

and I'll read you my last request

He said, "Give me a double header funeral in Wrigley Field

On some sunny weekend day (no lights)

Have the organ play the "National Anthem"

and then a little 'na, na, na, na, hey hey, hey, Goodbye'

Make six bullpen pitchers, carry my coffin

and six ground keepers clear my path

Have the umpires bark me out at every base

In all their holy wrath

Its a beautiful day for a funeral, Hey Ernie lets play two!

Somebody go get Jack Brickhouse to come back,

and conduct just one more interview

Have the Cubbies run right out into the middle of the field,

Have Keith Moreland drop a routine fly

Give everybody two bags of peanuts and a frosty malt

And I'll be ready to die

Build a big fire on home plate out of your Louisville Sluggers baseball

bats,

And toss my coffin in

Let my ashes blow in a beautiful snow

From the prevailing 30 mile an hour southwest wind

When my last remains go flying over the left-field wall

Will bid the bleacher bums ad?eu

And I will come to my final resting place, out on Waveland Avenue

The dying man's friends told him to cut it out

They said stop it that's an awful shame

He whispered, "Don't Cry, we'll meet by and by near the Heavenly Hall of

Fame

He said, "I've got season's tickets to watch the Angels now,

So its just what I'm going to do

He said, "but you the living, you're stuck here with the Cubs,

So its me that feels sorry for you!"

And he said, "Ahh Play, play that lonesome losers tune,

That's the one I like the best"

And he closed his eyes, and slipped away

What we got is the Dying Cub Fan's Last Request

And here it is

Do they still play the blues in Chicago

When baseball season rolls around

When the snow melts away,

Do the Cubbies still play

In their ivy-covered burial ground

When I was a boy they were my pride and joy

But now they only bring fatigue

To the home of the brave

The land of the free

And the doormat of the National League

8-1 odds sounds like a fair trade except the fact that Geno has the Cubs and you have the field. I would say those are your odds right there. You get all the favorites and the other long shots and he gets the lowly Cubs.

Since quoting of songs always comes into play to emphasize a point. I am thinking Windy is listening to the Mighty Diamonds, "Pass the Douchie", or maybe he is singing "one toke over the line, sweet Jesus, one toke over the line". wink.gif

PS...sorry for not minding my own business. I have trouble with that sometimes. grin.gif

Fishy,

You are always welcome to put in your two cents, though you need a new avatar, LOL

I have to drive a hard bargain with Geno, it is kind of like a flea market, they don't respect you if you don't haggle. Believe me, he will bite on the 8 to 1 but I'm not too sure about the 6 weeks instead of a month, though that was a nice touch, wouldn't you say?

Windy

Thank you Fishy.

NO DEAL Windy........let's just watch and enjoy.

Maybe without me pressuring them, the Cubbies can go all the way??????????

After all, a blind squirrell...........

All Right Geno,

I will cut you some slack since I know you are under just a little more pressure!!!

Just keep the Pepto and Uncle Jack close at hand, looks like you might have a few sleepless nights ahead of you tonight and tomorrow with 9 pm start times here in the Windy. You might consider adding a 6 pack of Red Bull to your grocery list, LOL

Windy