• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

certified jumbo

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shack

• Mark Christianson

• TrophyEyes

• shedfreak

Two things came to mind when I saw that-

1. WOW! That is the Widest deer Ive ever seen!

2. WOW! Those are the Longest and Thickest brow tines Ive ever seen!

No photoshop. They've been watching this deer for 6 years grow and nobody has been able to havest him yet. I have other pics but they aren't as clear.

Thanks CD, that shot is my wallpaper too!

Got pics of 'em going the other direction, but it is just not as interesting.........

1434319793_1c9385645f_o.jpg

That picture is photoshopped. You all must have gullable tattooed on your forehead to think for one second that that is a real deer. Its not even a GOOD photoshop at that!!

I believe that deer is very real! Possible that is in an inclosure, but its does not look photoshopped! Different angles, different shadeing. Its an amazing deer!

I know of one near Tell, Wisconsin in Buffalo Co. that looks similar to that, I dont think it was that wide though!

If it gets shot the deer world will know. It will be a record 4x4, over 185! Id like to see it in bone! ooo.gif

If its real, how did it get through the trees and brush without bumping the antlers into deformity during velvet?

It's real guys. Last year the deer was pushed into a 15 acre wooded area and got out after a bunch of hunters from the area basically surrounded it. Here's another shot where it doesn't look quite as impressive.

Food_plot.jpg

As far as damaging the antlers in velvet- deer are amazing creatures. You never really can predict just how they are going to act or be. Maybe this buck beds in a place where low branches arent an issue? Maybe he uses wide enough trails to get where he wants to go? Or maybe his bone structure underneath that was just strong enough to hold steady? Who knows, Id like to think that deer is real, however i am not the person to say so or not. I dont like trying to analyze nature too much, I just like to stand in awe of things that great!

I work at a marketing agency in the city and we us photoshop everyday and you would be suprized what you see everyday that is not real. Every magazine, every product shot, every ad is not a straight photo. I hope that the hunting industry does not get tainted by this technology, but obviously everyone is starting to doubt it already. Shadows and texture changes are the easiest way to detect a fake. However good designers can blend it so you would never notice a thing. I guess we are going to have to wait until this one is in the back of a truck. Good luck, I hope it is real and I hope that individuals don't start "faking" success.

I say it is real.

Even in the back of a truck, it still is a picture. Unless you see it with your own eyes (resent kill or alive), one nevers fully knows fur sure. Even a mount on the wall is subject to corrections..

I just like to think it is true. Neat to look at!

Quote:

If its real, how did it get through the trees and brush without bumping the antlers into deformity during velvet?

How do moose get through the summer without bumping their racks?

I think its probably real as I've seen similar pictures of deer before. Rather than doubt ever pic of a trophy deer, how bout admiring it and hoping someone gets the chance to harvest it.

How does every 30" plus moose and elk do it????? They just do! Well adjusted to their surroundings!

You just have to believe! There is numerous photos of the Rompola buck from on the hoof, to dead in the truck, to mounted on his wall.... And still he is verbally battered by the deer hunting world. Why cant these huge deer be real? Thats what records are... amazing freaks that beat all the odds! smile.gif Appreciate them until proven fakes!

Well said powerstroke and Slimngriz. Also tipman if they don't have room on their wall for a trophy like that I'm sure I could make the space for it at my place!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

There is numerous photos of the Rompola buck from on the hoof, to dead in the truck, to mounted on his wall.... And still he is verbally battered by the deer hunting world. Why cant these huge deer be real? Thats what records are... amazing freaks that beat all the odds!
smile.gif
Appreciate them until proven fakes!

Where have you found all these pictures of Rompola's buck? The only one I've ever seen was with him holding it and he's created his own problems with that deer by refusing to have it authenticated by anyone.

I don't see anything in these pictures that screams out fake to me, but I don't even know how to use photoshop so what do I know? If its real though...WOW!

There is another dozen photos out there of this buck. Very good, different, convincing photos! Im not saying its real or not... im just saying????

I believe it is real, and I think Mitch Rompola is an accomplished hunter who probably deserved it more than anyone else! I think he hunts big bucks because they impress him! Not to impress everyone else who deer hunts! Thats why he wont have it scored... Because hes tired of the politics and the B.S. that go with it... he isnt in it for the fame and fortune. He knows that keeping everyone in suspense, not putting a score or a number on it, makes people crazy! We want to know!!! So we say its fake... that way its ok to not know, it doesnt matter then!

I think Mitch Rompola it a guy that does it for the deer and not the fame! That was his way of sticking it the the "media controlled" deer hyped world! And Id say it worked!

I may be wrong and it may be fake.... but id like to think the greatest deer died to the arrow of the greatest hunter. And that, that deer could be appreciated on that mans wall just as much as it would if it was paraded around the world making him millions at deer shows!

But all that is just what I want to believe...

Holy Crap, nice buck regardless.

You guys have a great way of Hijacking a post grin.gif Not mad I actually think its funny, like hunters with attention deficit. Now, what were we talking about? Trail cams pics, uhh baiting, no, photoshop, yup, that's the current topic.

eitherway pretty cool looking deer. I would only wish to see a deer with half or 1/3 the antlers and mass that this deer has.

mr grin.gif

Sorry I guess we moved off of photoshop and are now talking about building antlers and putting them on deer.

Shackbash

So far, this thread has made me want to buy photoshop grin.gif.

Why can't this thread stick to the topic. Not a lot of fun to page through a ton of opinions just to get to a good looking trail cam photo. By the way...there are some REALLY nice looking deer on here. I'm jealous. Good luck guys.