• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

certified jumbo

Do you think the bucks pass her up and go after her better looking friends? grin.gif

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shack

• Mark Christianson

• TrophyEyes

• shedfreak

That's why God invented brown paper bags! grin.gif

He'll just make sure there are none of his buddies around and claim she was a 10!!! hehehe

Good Luck!

Ken

Quote:

I was going to say riding a moped comes to mind.
grin.gif

HA! That's the same thing I was thinking.

Can someone please post a picture for me. I have a picture of a nice buck that i had 18 yards away broadside and needles to say i under shot him. When i drew back he looked up at me and he possibly jumped when i shot, I did graze his belly because i found a little blood. I first though i made a great hit but after he ran into the thicket he wistled 3 times and then i knew it was not a great hit. I just wanted to puke! I will never forget the evening on 9/27/07. Anyone now how i should approach hunting this deer if he may still be in the area. Is there anyone who has had this happen and have a second shot at a deer? It really was a pretty buck. Hope someone can post the pic for me! confused.gif

Bluebill, hunting can go many different ways, but if it were me, I'd either move the stand to another location in the area, or stay away all together until the rut. I've seen deer avoid areas and actually look in trees that I had been in when I got busted. I had no choice but to move the stand. Even if he walks in the vacinity again, he will more than likely have that spot pegged. Good luck.

Quote:

[email protected]

Flip them my way and I can do it for ya!

Anyone else, I would be more than happy to help with posting pics!

If xedge has not helped you yet, I can help!

Labsforme,

Lol. I figured more cushion for the push'in! blush.gif

Bluebill, this buck will most likely not frequent this area anymore and may possibly become nocturnal now....at least until the rut. Your best chance of finding this buck again will be to find the does on your land during the rut and stick close to them. Hunt the mid-day time periods and you may be lucky enough to get another shot at him chasing does or frantically looking for receptive does. Most of the time during the rut, a lot of this searching is done in the later mornings and early afternoons. Then again, this buck may also have balls and go right back to his normal everyday patterns!!! Either way, good luck and post a pic if you get him.

GoggleEye

I think that buck is at least 4 1/2 year old look how long he is and the belly is drooping....

Opps so is mine and I am 32 ooo.gif

all I know about that picture is it is awesome...perfect picture of an alert big buck!!!

I want to know if the buck has double forked G2's!! I see the left one is, but you can not tell if the other one is. Bluebill, did you happen to see if he did. That is one of the coolest traits in whitetail genetics, besides the drop tine! I am willing to bet that deer is over 3.5 years old. Look at how thick his neck is and it isn't even the rut yet!! Nic Pic.

Borch

So you like this???

MrBig2005.jpg

A 2005 buck that we got one look at while hunting.... Dad saw him bust off the property, off across the neighbors and over the hill.... never to be seen again..... crap.

Quote:

can a person use the white around the eyes and mouth as a point of reference?

The markings on deer don't have anything to do with their age. The only true way of telling would be to sample his molars. My guess would be 3.5 yrs.

BLB, that buck looks perfectly symmetrical from that angle. Nice forked g1's and thick body too. That's a true trophy all around!

Well I went out to change out the film on the trail cams and guess what. No film in any of the trail cams and beer cans and 4 wheeler track every where. Food plots that were about 1-2 acres in size are destroyed by the four wheelers spinning cookies. 4 rolls of film gone, 2 with the camera, 6 food plots destroyed. Followed the tracks to a house with 3 4 wheelers parked in front of it and called the cops. Cop said he can't ticket without better evidence, but he'll keep an eye out for activity. I wonder if the DNR will sell me an ATV harvest permit!

Quote:

Well I went out to change out the film on the trail cams and guess what. No film in any of the trail cams and beer cans and 4 wheeler track every where. Food plots that were about 1-2 acres in size are destroyed by the four wheelers spinning cookies. 4 rolls of film gone, 2 with the camera, 6 food plots destroyed. Followed the tracks to a house with 3 4 wheelers parked in front of it and called the cops. Cop said he can't ticket without better evidence, but he'll keep an eye out for activity. I wonder if the DNR will sell me an ATV harvest permit!

If you use 35mm camera's TAKE A PICTURE OF A SIGN stating... if anyone besides _____________ brings these pictures in to be developed please call ____________.

How about finger prints on the beer cans and game cameras?

How can those cops say need better evidence!

He said the "the recent rains would make it hard to prove." The thing that chaps my hide is the 4.5 year old buck that hangs around or maybe used to hang around might be on the pics, and also out 2 trail cams. Of course the 2 that are gone are the digital ones. The food plots should come back but will not be in the shape that they were in. These guys rode past 3 different no tresspassing signs also. I wonder why ATV's have such a bad reputation.

Im pretty sure it wasnt the atv that did it. Im sure the jerk on it was at fault!