Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herman

Granite Lake

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone fished Granite lately?

Fished it last night for league---Tried everything

Only got bass, shallow on spinner baits.

Thanks for the info...what wasnt working?

Did you catch fish in the pencil reeds or other vegetation?

There is alot of bass that are in this lake. The problem is trying to find them. If you do find them, there going to be nice fish.

I have always had great luck fishing docks on this lake. There is alot of docks that have alot of cover under them, yet, work with drop offs from the docks, which allow the bass to move anywhere around them.

If you can find the fish, you will have a great time. Use alot of dark colors, and very slow presentation.

Granite was a tough lake to fish...our six boat league fished it last night and the best boat had 6 nice bass, nobody else had more than 2...we didnt have any bass but did get into some really nice sunfish. All of the bass that were caught were really nice fish allot of 15+

fished it yesterday afternoon from 230-630 and got a limit of sunfish out there. all of decent size.

You must have been coming in when we were going out. We ended up with 13 over 7 inches (that is the league minimum size). They were really aggressive...all fish were released so hopefully we can see some monsters in there next year.

yeah it was my first time fishing it so i was surprised i did well like i did