Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Favorite Marker Buoy

12 posts in this topic

Thinking about getting a couple of marker buoys. What do you guys like? I think I want some that are not highly visable so they don't attract other boats.

Cabelas has some nice ones that lay flat and stack nicely. They also dont unravel easily in the waves. Best Buoy Marker Buoys Two-Pack $9.99

They also use to sell a seagull marker. Who would ever think a little birdie would mark a fishing spot:) I have spray painted the orange markers a darker color.

Old film containers.

GPS wink.gif

I use an old duck decoy which the dog chewed on the head a bit, painted it white with 30 feet of cord and an old engine part/bearing/whatever tied on the end. Boats just whiz on by and I fish alot on Ottertail, where its just plain stupid to use a real marker.

fish on

tc

I like mermaids.. grin.gif

The Fisherman's Marker is available in three different colors: white, lime green and black. They are packaged individually or in a 3-pack (one of each color selection).

2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1 3/8"

three.jpgcool.gif

* Pocket Size

* Easy to Use

* Space Saver

* Easily Accessible

* Mark Areas Efficiently

* American made, durable with UV stabilizer to prevent color fading.

sponsor.jpgreal cool.gif

Another advantage is that the Fisherman's Marker can be a wonderful source of advertising or promotional incentive product since they can be engraved to reflect company logos, fishing promotions or tournaments and their sponsors.

Just a new product I wanted to share. I believe there only available thru there website.

prior to gps, I used a 10" piece of 2X4.

it is dark, hard to see beyond 50'.

few people have 'picked off' my markers.

:-)

These look pretty good. I like the black color.

I'll second the Fisherman's Marker. I used them a few years ago before I got my GPS. A great little marker that is difficult for others passing by to see.

I just look for all the other boats and head for them grin.gif.

Honestly, waypoint #57 is the all around best this time of year.