Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmyjigger

Crappie spot

5 posts in this topic

Looking for any tips on locating some crappies on the chain. I see boats anchored at the river channel openings, but have not seen anything pulled in yet. We just got the camper set up on Schneider for the summer, so we are rookies to the chain.

sometimes the points/dropoffs on cedar island are worth a shot usaully around dusk, i know that it puts out a lot of crappies in winter, haven't fished it in summer for a while though.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try this weekend and let ya know if it produces.

Watch you locator this time of year. They should be bunched up near weeds or river channel.

The wife and I were able to locate some crappies on the river channel in 2 feet of water. We kept enough for a meal and released a quite of few more. We also pulled a couple channel cats out of 2 feet of water. I have never caught cats that shallow or close to shore before.