Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ITSATHRILL

Duluth area?

3 posts in this topic

We will be going up to Duluth for a graduation party this weekend (staying at Black Bear ) and since my daughter and I have a 10 minute fun factor for family get-togethers I was thinking about bringing up the fishing equipment, anybody have ideas as to were a guy and his kid could fish from shore for ? in that area to waste the time of day?

I'd have to say that probabaly the closest/best place to try off shore would be chub lake just about 10 minutes from black bear. Its just a few miles south of Carlton, just follow the signs. I believe that the fishing dock is in now, and if not you can either fish offshore near the boat launch, or off the launch if you stay out of the way of boaters launching/loading.

I take my 4 year old there almost every sunday and a bobber and piece of worm will catch you gills, sunnies, rockies, perch and even a small largie once in awhile. Most fish are small, but by using a weighted slipfloat you can cast out aways and maybe get some size. There should be some decent emerging weeds that should hold some fish.

PS: Its a county park so you could bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the day, its supposed to be pretty decent this weekend (finally) smile.gif

There are various launches on the st. louis river where you can fish from shore and get a variety of fish...walleyes, smallies, catfish, etc.