Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mgreseth

Buffalo Lake

10 posts in this topic

I am going to be fishing Buffalo Lake Tomorrow morning. Anybody have any ideas on what is working and what areas of the lake have been producing fish? Depth, Minnows, leeches or crawlers??? Jigs, spinners?

Any feedback would be great! Thanks much and good fishing!

Last week I found some bass on the south milfoil edge, the milfoil was several 100 yards off shore, north of the point on the south end. Working around the edges with plastics or covering ground with spinnerbaits.

Good to know.. Is anyone having luck for Waleyes?

we went on sunday evening. fished in 8-12 ft with tinsel tails with fatheads and crappies off the north side of the milfoil bar.... did pretty good limit on crappies and 3 small eyes!!

Fished a few common areas and some not so and had no takers for walleyes. Even fished the thick weed cover as normally can get into a mix of northerns and 'eyes but no such luck.

I was out yesterday from 10a.m. to 7p.m. I'm glad I had my drift sock. The report goes like this.

1. drifted across 7ft flat (nada)

2. proceded towards the flowage to deer and started drifting in the direction towards mill creek using a spinner on a 4ft snell tipped w/ a fathead. made about 12 drifts came up w/ Five eyes 8" to 11" One 8" perch Six Crappies 7.5" to 11.5" let everything go.

HOPE THAT HELPS. GOOD LUCK W/ FINDING BIGGER EYES.

Went out there on Wednesday but was nearly blown off the lake. No luck but it was hard staying on one spot. I will try again Saturday morning to see what happens.

Thanks for the TIP! I will try that on saturday morning, hopfully the wind will be less.

Has anybody caught any walleyes bigger than 15" out there. Pretty slow when I was out there and didn't see much of any cathing going on.

I sure haven't. I know they have to be in their though