Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riverrat56

GPS Question

4 posts in this topic

I have been looking at purchasing a GPS and lake map chip. I checked the list of lakes on the Lakemaster web site and would like to know if it also shows lakes that it doesn't have a map for? I have used a Hotmap chip and that showed every little slough and puddle, this would be a nice feature to use duck hunting or doing what ever. So, just wondering if the Lakemaster chip has the outline or shape of the lakes it does not have full maps for.

Quote:

just wondering if the Lakemaster chip has the outline or shape of the lakes it does not have full maps for

Yes, LM chip has tons of detail in addition to contour maps for some lakes. I've used it grouse hunting in the national forests in northern MN and it shows small lakes, ponds, streams, wetlands, etc. Shows roads and trails as well.

I second PerchJerker. It has every little stream, pond, really everything you could possibly want.

Thanks guys, Thats what I'm going to go with.