Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woody1975

Bass Recommendation

7 posts in this topic

My wife and I are heading to the area next weekend.

She really enjoys bass fishing (we went with her uncle once, but I haven't really targeted bass before.

Any recommendations on where to look and what to use?

We are about a mile away from Lida and from what it sounds like, there is a healthy population of bass in there.

I am being told that I should use a slower presentation this early in the year. Do top water lures work right now?

Thanks for any advice!

DL

I am not much of a bass person but I know that there are a good number of bass in Franklin Lake which is really close to Lida Also (Across the road from Crystal wich is across the road from Lida). YOu could also try Middle Commorant or Little Cormorant.

Early morning top waters will work well. Later in the day spinnerbaits rolled in the reeds or on top of the cabbage will work, and if they are real inactive a texas rigged worm in those cabbage beds will produce some bass and maybe some bonus walleyes.

A. Shae

On windy days that keep you off the big water, you might try Pearl lake. Fish the stumps and the rushes around the island. Plenty-O-Fish to be caught there.

Franklin has some of the meanest bass around. They just fight a little harder there. Other great bass lakes in that area include Beers and Fladmark in Maplewood State Park. You will have to ask if you can get into Fladmark. Prairie by Pelican Rapids is an underfished bass lake. The Rush part of Lizzie is a huge puddle of prime bass habitat. You may have to extend your stay, too many choices.

Sweet.... Thanks for the responses.

I will be coming up a couple weeks later with a bunch of buddies, so we'll have to hit 'em all.

Thanks again for the help

DL

Hiya -

A number of good bass lakes in the area. Several have mentioned Franklin, and that's a good one. Lots of fish, and one of the prettier lakes in the area I think. Also lots of places to hide when it's windy, which is a plus.

Some other good ones: Lizzie (both basins), Sallie and Melissa, practically any lake you'd care to name near Vergas... Lots of options.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm