Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NicBarratt

Musky Opener on Forest Lake

8 posts in this topic

I did not get out to give them a go but I may try over the next couple days. Did any one have any luck?

I raised two 30" fish and cought a 29". The pondweed is pretty thick,next to impossible to fish around.I will be out there a few times this week.

Good Luck,

Dave

my buddy had double follow but one kept following after my buddy doing figure 8 6 to 8 time.. there r few area on flake that have less weeds but man those weeds r sure soo thick almost impossible to throwing any types of lures topwater to bucktails etc etc ...

Work the outside edges of the weeds and look for quickly sloping drop off areas and associated humps, less weeds, larger fish.

Tunrevir~

tunrevir, u seem to know a few thing abt skies on flake why dont we go out on flake n chasing skies someday???

They always seem to wreck my walleye fishing but I would be willing to do a bit of that maybe once the dog days roll around. FLsniper is itching to get out there too so maybe we could use the stealth pontoon and hit some of the better areas and or even cast for an eye or two at the same time.

Tunrevir~ smile.gif

"Stealth Pontoon"....sounds like my kind of rig.

I'm in!

My schedule will be a little more open when the "dog days" start rolling in.

Clam Up just purchased himself a muskie setup...so he's on the hunt now too.

Tunrevir...shoot me an email...or call when you head out there sometime...I'm great for jumping in on last minute plans even. I can always dump my boat (16' rebel) too.

Quote:

They always seem to wreck my walleye fishing but I would be willing to do a bit of that maybe once the dog days roll around.

Tunrevir~
smile.gif

maybe because there is more muskies than walleyes in flake???? grin.gif