Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JIGGIN'

Best bang for the buck resort?

15 posts in this topic

Here is what I'm looking for. A couple nights stay on the east/south end, cooking facillities a bonus but not needed, a good launch, and decent beds for 2 people. Anyone know of something like this for around 30 bucks a night?

Any ideas?

For only $30 you might have to tent it.

OK-how about 60 bucks a night. OR thereabouts. I meant per person...

Jiggin, for $65.00 a night per person we can get you set up depending on the dates.

Now thats a pretty fair deal as Appeldoorn's is one of the best resorts on the lake for service. Nice cabins,great and friendly service. They also catch fish and could really give one some direction.

Appledorn's is a great resort. Brought my son up there two weekends ago, and I can't say enough about the place. It even seems the folks that stay there are friendly too. Oh yeah, the fishing is good in the nearby area, especially if the wind gets to whipping and you need to stay in close to shore. I'll definitely be back!

Guys,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We have had a ton of great people through the resort in the last couple of weeks and I can truly say that they have all been a pleasure to have stay with us. We looking forward to meeting many more FM'ers in the near future.

Wow Paul every thing looks so nice and new and it looks like a great beach, is there over nite dock parking for the boats? Or do you have to pull them out when your not using them?

Happy Birthday Paul, Hope to see you soon. smile.gifsmile.gif

river runt,

It totally depends upon the forecasted winds. We have been very fortunate so far this year, as we have been able to leave them in almost every night.

huntemup,

Thank you very much. Hope to see you soon.

I went through appeldoorns all winter- They had great fishing and roads. Caught a lot of fish with the help of Cranker. Never had to go any further than the end of Doe Island reef. I will call Paul. Thanks!

Thanks paul I Hate to pull the boat out if I dont have to. RR

Hey Paul, My family used to stay at your resort when it was Karpens and just want to say you've done a beutiful job with the place. A couple questions..... What's the earliest and the latest you guys you guys will launch/pull in boats? Also are there any plans for a possible harbor/breakwall in the future? Thanks!

We put boats in between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

We are looking at several options for a breakwall, but don't want to ruin the beautiful beach that we have.