Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctordente

Battle Lake area July 4th timeframe - fishing advice

5 posts in this topic

For the last few years I seem to end up visiting my mom around the 4th of July holiday. She lives on Elbow Lake just west of Battle Lake. I usually have good luck with bass fishing in the early morning hours around sunrise. Occasionally I'll snag a northern pike trolling. I'm not very proficient at walleyes yet, I'm guessing they're going to be deep during the day, and maybe come up to the weed beds at night to feed? Sunnies are in abundance in the afternoon off the dock which is always entertaining. There are some perch in the lake but I always have trouble locating them.

Also, are there any places to rent boats on West Battle lake, or is that a futile idea since it's a holiday time?

BTW, I love that area and am so happy I have relatives there. Truly a gem on the planet.

Annie Battle lake no motors no electronics the park has boats for 8 a day I think it is, big sunnies big bass cant keep any butfun a lot of walleye in it

I forgot about that! What a great idea!

I fish West Battle at least twice a year for the last 15years and have always had good luck. We stay at Sand Bay and enjoy the area. You could ck with them about boat rentals.The lake has a lot of deapth features that make it a good lake to fish.I have never been skunked on this lake. Have always been able to catch something. Good luck. smile.gif

A little mor on Annie Ive fished that lake for 42 years great little lake for a lot of fun oh oh better not say 42 years cause they had it closed for 6 years or so but anyway pretty much grew up on the lake the no electronics deal dont bother me I can row around that lake and find the structure no problem. But from where they have the rental boats just go out in front of the rushes anywhere and you will a blast. If you feel full of energy row along the rushes about 40 yds out from them pull a bettle spin and you will nail the crappies all the way down or anchor in the cabbage and toss it youll get them, same with sunnies any where along there will be fun. walleyes just anchor off the inlet current and toss around a jig and minnow or drag a lindy down the break in the current and you are likely to catch anything. Have fun