Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irvingdog

Night Bite

4 posts in this topic

First off, Daze and Miester: Hope to see you finally. I go up on the 9th for 9 days via Northernaire. I've gotten several boats through Dick. He's a straight shooter.

So I'm taking up 8 guys this time. 6 of them are first timers. Many want to eat. I'd just as soon feed them eelpout, knowing how many Rainy Lake walleye fall into the slot. I'm aware that Rainy walleye roll up the rug for the night, but does anyone have any feedback on nighttime shore fishing for Burbot? They eat great, and fill the creel, so to speak.

See you guys Saturday! (especially the One Stop)

Never tried it. Only fished them at night in the winter time. I don't see why it wouldn't work. See you on the ninth. And if there is anything we can help you with in the mean time, just let us know!

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!

Hey Irvingdog,

Got to love those pout, lawyers, burbout, ling cod... Ugly but darn tastey! Did tie into one the otherday fishing walleye, but pretty uncommon. I too have never fished for them after dark in the summer, but I wouldn't be shocked if you picked up a few. Nothing like tangling with a snake like fish in the dark half asleep. Hope you have a great trip on this beautiful body of water!

Only problem you might have is the part about shorefishing them. I don't really know much about burbot but I've always heard that the reason they are so rare to catch in open water is because they go deep into dark, cold water. I've always thought that made sense, and on hard water you can catch them shallower because the water is all the same temp.

Also a factor is not many people fish Rainy at night, so that could also be it confused.gif