Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigYims

Lake Orono

3 posts in this topic

I know this probably isnt the best forum for this post but being Lake Orono flows into the Ole Miss via the Elk River, has anyone been out on the lake fishing? I took the boat out today to check out it out, no fishing, but saw some pretty large fins surface and saw quite a few jumps around scout park.

You probably saw some carp surfacing, I have fished Orono some and have only seen carp and bullies come out. Though I have been on many pontoon rides as far up river as we can make it and it looks kinda like some decent bass structure, lily pads and milfoil. I would suggest heading up near where the Elk empties into Orono maybe for some bass and even some eyes. Of course please let me know how you do!

I grew up on that lake, well one of my best friends grand parents owned the house on the right just heading west after dam and another best friend had both of his grand parents who lived on lake. Spent alot of time out their and never caught anything other than carp and some panfish. The local Jaycees used to have a ice fishing contest out their. It lasted four years. No one ever caught a fish in four years during contest. They had to draw for prizes. I have heard of some bass action behind old bowling alley. I would stay down stream of dam. You have much better luck. If you want to get out on a lake, drive the extra 7 minutes up to Big lake. Good luck!